Air compressor, 12v at Costco. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would give it a try. 1/3 hp, nice build. Cost $49. Very reasonable. Took about 4-5 minutes to put 15lbs of air back into my 285/75//16 Revos. Comes with all the goodies and a nice carrying bag.

dsc00458-121_525.jpg

dsc00455-110_525.jpg

That's impressive!
You have 2 of them.:beer:

Hey I've been looking at picking that up myself, any issues with heating at all?

Thought I would give it a try. 1/3 hp, nice build. Cost $49. Very reasonable. Took about 4-5 minutes to put 15lbs of air back into my 285/75//16 Revos. Comes with all the goodies and a nice carrying bag.

I bought 3 of them for a total of $50 at Schucks a couple of years ago. I run 2 at a time and can air up my 285s from 18 to 32 lbs in less than 10 minutes.

i bought one, seems to be working out good

I have one, I paid about $60 for it at Kragen last year. It's a good deal. It does get hot when you air up four tires with it, but it doesn't seem to hurt the performance. I haven't used it enough to make any claims about the durability though.

I've used mine only once. It was about 110 in the shade, and I ran my tires up from 18 lbs back to 35 without any overheating. I tried to keep the compressor out of the direct sunlight (just under the truck) while airing up.

So far I give it a thumbs up.

used mine (not from Costco but same model - a MUD special :) ) quite a few times. So far great.

Overall I am happy with mine

But...

I bought two a couple of months ago. I mounted one under the hood, and it worked fine at Calico as it filled all four 34s from 18-45 psi in just a few minutes per tire.

But last weekend (90 f) when I went to air up, the fuse blew as it powered on. I barely pulled on the fuse holder and it totally fell apart. I didnt have a 30A fuse handy so I took my chances and bypassed the fuse... then it fired right up and almost filled 2 tires before overheating :(

I let it cool and then it almost filled two more tires before overheating again... I suspect that the engine mounting location wasn`t the best idea for a such a low dollar compresser (it was pretty hot under that hood ) but the fuse blowing issue bothers me a bit.

I`m gonna look at it today.

I got one of these from Costco. Kinda disappointing, but for $49.00 I guess you get what you pay for.

Very slow to inflate. The pressure gauge was very inaccurate. It doesn't overheat, but definitely gets hella hot. The power wires are not long enough to reach from the battery terminals to the ground on the PS. DS its fine...PS you gotta balance the pump on the Air Filter to air up the tires.

Overall though...if you don't mind a little inconvenience, it does its job...it'll pump air.

I got one of these from Costco. Kinda disappointing, but for $49.00 I guess you get what you pay for.

Very slow to inflate. The pressure gauge was very inaccurate. It doesn't overheat, but definitely gets hella hot. The power wires are not long enough to reach from the battery terminals to the ground on the PS. DS its fine...PS you gotta balance the pump on the Air Filter to air up the tires.

Overall though...if you don't mind a little inconvenience, it does its job...it'll pump air.

Hmmm, mines fills a 285/75/16 (33") tire from 18-32psi in about 3 minutes and the power leads are long enough to set the unit on the ground at the front of the truck, the hose is long enough to reach all tires from there. I hook up the hose to the tire valve, then just stand by the compressor to turn it on/off as it fills up.

well, if you think it's disappointing for the $ you oughta try all the other ones in the same price range... Some reviews out there and the MV50 came on top. About as fast as the much more expensive ones.
And I can put mine on the ground on the PS with cables attached.

Not trying to pile on you but in a test it beat the Quick Air at 4 times the cost. I agree not the best quality but for $50 its a value.

got a link for these online? didn't see them at my local store when i was there recently.

thanks!

I was just stating my opinion of it...I didn't read any reviews or see any comparisons. For $49 I figured it was gonna be a cheap option for air.

I was just stating the issues I have had with mine for others to reference. It's slow to fill (took about 5-8 minutes to go from ~18 to 34 psi, and I'm running stock tires), gauge is inaccurate (have to pump until it reads ~45 for it to really be ~35...probably the biggest issue IMO), and the cords not long enough to touch the ground on the PS.

It works...just not great.

Maybe I have a different one...maybe I got a lemon. *shrugs* But it looks identical to the pics posted by others, and it's from Costco.

Looks like it might be a good back-up for my CO2 set up.

Just picked one up at Costco for this very use too :D

Build quality is O.K., and for its intended purpose with a few float tubes, rafts, etc... thrown into the mix, should perform beautifully in this role.

Cheap insurance...

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

How come I don't see more of the twin compressor style? I bought the Q89 which is two MV-50's in one unit and it fills up my 35's from 15 psi to 30 psi in a minute and a half (per tire). Wasn't that much more than the MV-50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom