Air cleaner housing for use with Snorkle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had to remove my original air cleaner housing in my cruiser when i did my power steering conversion. So at that time i decided to go and put a snorkel on her. I grabbed a cobra head for the top of the carb but i need some kind of air cleaner housing to use. What would be nice is tube with a cone air cleaner inside. Just need something that would work size wise. I picked up an F150 air cleaner housing like this it is just way too big. I was told there are after market one out there for import cars.

Any suggestions. Pictures would help.

Landcruiser (62-1).jpg

why not post them for everyone? if you can get it working here, post on a photo sharing site and link to it here.

Thanks,

These are what he sent me. This is exactly what im looking for but im concerned about the diameter of the airbox. Not sure how much room i have with the saginaw pump mounted where the old airbox was. Would like this but with something smaller.
IMG_15191.jpg
IMG_15201.jpg
IMG_15211.jpg

I cut the inlet "bell" off a F air cleaner with a F clamp style carb on my 2F. Mounted to sag pump down below out of the way using the factory air pump bracket. Not that you will do this now, but it worked well. The snorkel tube fit between the apron and air cleaner.

thumb

I cut the inlet "bell" off a F air cleaner with a F clamp style carb on my 2F. Mounted to sag pump down below out of the way using the factory air pump bracket. Not that you will do this now, but it worked well. The snorkel tube fit between the apron and air cleaner.

thumb
Dudley, congrats on having a Downey Header. I'm concerned about your ps belt not having enough grip on the ps pulley, normally you'd want 50 percent wrap so that the belt wouldn't squeak all day long when your wheeling. Normally you would go from crank pulley to pump pulley only, not 3 points like yours (crank, water pump, ps pump).

When you are off roading, driving in a straight forward line, but one of the tires is pushing against a rock, that causes a load on the ps pump the same as trying to steer past a left or right steering stop (maxing out the gear box/pump until it stalls the pump, making the belt slip on the pulley). Since this happens all day long when wheeling, the pump squeaks all day long. The remedy is a fuller wrap of the belt on the ps pump pulley- - -not a problem for highway passenger car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom