Air Bags & seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm gettin' ready to order some seat covers, but realized that I think there's an air bag mounted in the seat back...correct?

Has anyone heard of an issue using seat covers on modern seats w/ airbags??

:hmm:

Wet Okole's

Just ordered them after finding the section where they are air bag compliant.

Last time i used seat covers, it was on a 1977 model...things have changed a bit!

Does anyone else have any issues with the way their stock seats are WEARING?

I've almost worn a hole in the left side of the drivers seat back already (20-k miles)....

The driver's side seat back, lower, outboard bolster has been showing signs of wear since bout 5K, the material is a little frayed and the black has worn off and looks light gray.

DEWFPO

yep, wet okoles will make a slit for the air bag that is found in the seat....best seat covers out there...cant wait to save money to get mine for front and back seats....black with grey piping...seatback storage and lumbar inserts... :D :D :D

I got a snag on my passenger side bottom cusion within a few weeks because that's were I always put my laptop bag. The woven fabric may be good for letting it breath and dry out from getting wet, but it snags easy, wares easy, and hair gets stuck in it easy (dang dogs). Seat covers are defiantly a good idea.

Actally I now DO have a hole...@ 20-k...I'm going to ask to have this replaced under warranty...then put on the wet asss seat covers~!

I ordered WO covers for the front seats. Black with red piping. Is the seatback storage an option or does it come on all of them? Haven't decided if I'm going to do the rear. I never use the rear seats, so I may just remove them and build a custom rear bed and storage drawers.

Seat wear

Hey DEWFPO.. I'm thinking we'll all need to buy WO's at some point:D I'm sure the outboard bottom side will wear out on mine. I keep the seat high and slide in and out over the thing. Seat back storage would be nice. I used vests on my Jeep seats and it helped. Ron

The driver's side seat back, lower, outboard bolster has been showing signs of wear since bout 5K, the material is a little frayed and the black has worn off and looks light gray.

DEWFPO

Hey DEWFPO.. I'm thinking we'll all need to buy WO's at some point:D I'm sure the outboard bottom side will wear out on mine. I keep the seat high and slide in and out over the thing. Seat back storage would be nice. I used vests on my Jeep seats and it helped. Ron

Maybe we can get a group buy going......:)

DEWFPO

i would be interested in a group buy

it's 20 bucks xtra for pouches
it's all on their website

Why would you put seat covers on your new seats? So that when you eventually sell it someone else can enjoy the new upholstery?

Why would you put seat covers on your new seats? So that when you eventually sell it someone else can enjoy the new upholstery?

No, so that when my fat ass wears through the same spot again, I can just replace the seat covers!

Or, if my fat asss takes a WHILE to wear through, I'll have new looking seats @ 100-k!!

SELL?? First I love my FJ, and who wants to buy a truck that's gonna be ripped apart (to replace fender aprons)??

My bad, I thought you were covering your brand new seats off of the showroom floor.

Hey, I have the same problem only now it's word through my Wet Okoley's. Did you get some help from Toyota on Warranty?

Woodeye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom