AHC Wiring Delete in Engine Bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick dumb question:

I have removed the AHC system and I’m trying to mount a compressor in the area. There are three connectors that came off the pump/reservoir assembly. However there are two more smaller connectors that split off of the same harness leg. Are these AHC sensors or something I can unplug/delete? They are located at about 11 o’clock from the PS reservoir in the picture below.

Thanks in advance!

4C901F94-0D0F-4009-9D28-D982EE91D44C.jpeg

Quick dumb question:

I have removed the AHC system and I’m trying to mount a compressor in the area. There are three connectors that came off the pump/reservoir assembly. However there are two more smaller connectors that split off of the same harness leg. Are these AHC sensors or something I can unplug/delete? They are located at about 11 o’clock from the PS reservoir in the picture below.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2982535

I wondered whether one of these connectors might have been the plug on top of the wheel arch at the end of the harness rising from the Height Control Sensor at the Upper Control Arm and chassis – but these usually are a black three-wire connector, so the white connectors in your picture do not seem like AHC connectors. On my 2006 Land Cruiser, the black three-wire AHC connector on top of the wheel arch sits next to a white two-wire ABS Wheel Speed Sensor connector (AHC also uses the wheel speed as an input). Maybe connector colours have varied with models over time?

Anyway, suggest check each connector shape and number of wires and trace the harness leading from these connectors down to the Upper Control Arm, or, to the wheel -- if that is where they go. It will soon become obvious which connector belongs to which circuit. The ABS circuit is a 'keeper'.

If that fails .....

Most connectors have a Part Number on them somewhere – if not visible from the top, unclip the connector and look at the sides and underneath. The full Part Number usually begins 90980- and these first five digits may not appear. The second set of five digits should appear on the connector. Comparing this number to attached list may help identify the circuit involved.

Front RHS Height Control Sensor and Connector:
100 series LHD RHS Height Sensor.jpg

Front RHS Wheel Speed Sensor and Connector:
100 series RHS Front Wheel Speed Sensor.jpg

Attachments

• 100 series - Connector Part Numbers -- 08-2004.pdf
    63.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I believe one is height control sensor and one is wheel speed sensor.
Easy to follow wires a short distance to see which is which.

6B92D531-3892-4C13-A936-AC09F0E66261.png

Mmmmm -- I may have answered the wrong question? I was focussed on the connectors shown in the red ring below, as distinct from the old AHC connectors which have come off the AHC Pump, as shown in the green ring???

AHC Connectors Question.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmmm -- I may have answered the wrong question? I was focussed on the connectors shown in the red ring below, as distinct from the old AHC connectors which have come off the the AHC Pump, as shown in the green ring???

View attachment 2983233
I appreciate your detailed information! Yes you were correct to focus on the red marked connectors. Sounds like I can can only disconnect one of them (height sensor) and need to keep the speed sensor. I guess my goal of removing all wiring in that area won’t work but it’s good to know for sure!

I appreciate your detailed information! Yes you were correct to focus on the red marked connectors. Sounds like I can can only disconnect one of them (height sensor) and need to keep the speed sensor. I guess my goal of removing all wiring in that area won’t work but it’s good to know for sure!
I'm looking for all the wire harness housing (pig tails) blocks. i.e: For the pump. pressure sensor (both styles), temp sensor, high sensor(s), controller, accumulator, etc. Number one I need today, is for pump motor. I'm using these to make diagnostic tools.

If you're (or anyone) remove any or all. I can use them?

I'm also looking for the AHC ECu (under dash near IG SW)?

Anyone, please PM if you can help. Thanks!

I'm looking for all the wire harness housing (pig tails) blocks. i.e: For the pump. pressure sensor (both styles), temp sensor, high sensor(s), controller, accumulator, etc. Number one I need today, is for pump motor. I'm using these to make diagnostic tools.

If you're (or anyone) remove any or all. I can use them?

I'm also looking for the AHC ECu (under dash near IG SW)?

Anyone, please PM if you can help. Thanks!
I got an AHC ECU from a 2002 LX470. PM me if you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom