AHC value??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so i just picked up a new to me 98 lx470 to make a comfy trail rig out of. It is by far the cleanest rig I have seen as far as 100s goes, with a spotless frame with zero rust. That being said, I'm ditching the AHC, but it's so clean, and should be much easier to remove than most I've seen, including the lines.....is there any value if I can pull the lines/globes and shocks etc for someone that needs replacement parts? Of course I may just short on time and bust out the sawzall and cut the shocks.

68951661-8852-4C60-8FA9-6EFB07B8D518.jpeg

i wouldn’t ditch it until it becomes an issue. Should be a solid lift until then...
Oh, I have plans 😀 this will be a fun trail rig, that will involve larger tires, rocks and lockers etc....I’m impressed with fancy system, but won’t trust it in the environment I’ll be putting it in.

Oh, I have plans 😀 this will be a fun trail rig, that will involve larger tires, rocks and lockers etc....I’m impressed with fancy system, but won’t trust it in the environment I’ll be putting it in.
Mild dirt roads?

The factory ahc system will outlast any aftermarket suspension system. There’s plenty of reasons to go aftermarket but I’m not sure reliability is one.

I vote keep it. Test ride a LC with a aftermarket or stock system on a trail ride. Easy to moderate. Then do it in a stock LX with the AHC system. Worlds apart in comfort level. But to each his own. Good luck with it either way.

This is what I am coming from.
Thanks for the input everyone. I will not be keeping the AHC, and the IFS and 9.5 rear will only be in for a wheeling season. Like most ofmy rigs, this will end up on 1 tons and do mostly rocks....thus the "dirt road"won't quite work for this. The AHC is in great shape, which is the only reason I was asking if it had any value so I can take more care when I pull it.

The factory ahc system will outlast any aftermarket suspension system. There’s plenty of reasons to go aftermarket but I’m not sure reliability is one.
Except you forgot his AHC is like 20 years old already.... and the new suspension will be, well, new with zero miles. New vs. new I agree OEM will last longer in most cases, but he's dealing with old crap here.

just rip it all out and trash it all.

Congratulations! It looks a lot like the 99 I bought last weekend. AHC is good.. Changed the fluid this weekend. Much improved ride.

Picture_03.JPG

Definitely value, question is how much.

Would be helpful for you to take pictures of the lines of graduations you get when moving from low to high. Also any numbers on the pressure (via techstream), center of wheel to fenders on all 4 corners would help as well.

Basically you're collecting information to show how things are functioning prior to pulling it all out. As a buyer, I'd want proof of how good of shape things are in prior to pulling it off the rig.

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom