AHC troubles, need to get the whole system working again so I can dial in pressures and heights! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Well after having the rear end of my truck compress to the Low setting during a snow storm a week or so ago, I realized I needed to get spacers or new spring in the rear to level out my pressures, but I want to get the system functional so I can rear pressures again, that’s where we are currently. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal if I wasn’t on 35’s which contact my rear fender if there is any more flex with the axle, including regular bumps in the road.

Still haven’t been able to get my AHC to level out, attempted to force the system up with jumping the DLC1 connectors and holding the raise height button down but not having any luck with that, and still have nothing displaying on TechStream for codes. Also tried swapping relays around to make sure the AHC is functioning like it should. As is, the fluid is well above the max line because my rear has compressed nearly to the bump stops.

Also showing seemingly correct heights for the height sensors, and connections seem solid, so that has been mostly ruled out.

I keep getting this error code of 0x91020324 on TechStream, anyone have a solution they’ve used successfully to solve this issue?

016CBB13-C495-4373-81BE-CDD6597D6806.jpeg

C253F2D7-E638-4895-A022-B9B1D9D20E50.jpeg

0C2A7315-1D55-45F1-8162-37E6EA0AEB84.jpeg

29A58EF1-2BB8-47D8-872F-4A10AA0AE715.jpeg

You ever figure out that error code 0x91020324? I am trying to access my TPMS and getting this same code. My AHC seems to communicate properly but I am stuck ...

1679340214713.png

You ever figure out that error code 0x91020324? I am trying to access my TPMS and getting this same code. My AHC seems to communicate properly but I am stuck ...

View attachment 3277834
I never was able to figure out what was causing that error code, I found that I had about 14 pins that were corroded away in the rear quarter panel of the truck, and after repinning those connectors and swapping my AHC pump, the system worked like it should, and I haven't had any issues since.

I never was able to figure out what was causing that error code, I found that I had about 14 pins that were corroded away in the rear quarter panel of the truck, and after repinning those connectors and swapping my AHC pump, the system worked like it should, and I haven't had any issues since.

Sounds like another instance of BI1/BI2 connector problems. Just tagging for future reference if anyone searches.

Sounds like another instance of BI1/BI2 connector problems. Just tagging for future reference if anyone searches.
That is exactly right! I posted some pictures on the build thread, but yeah. With some rust that had opened up that drivers rear fender, it allowed salt, mud, and water into that bundle of connectors, and absolutely killed them.

I went back with DT connectors, so hopefully will never have that issue again.

882E770F-4804-4963-95DA-3A7BCEF443B4.jpeg

56A73615-4250-4DF9-A6B1-AD17D730B3E1.jpeg

That is exactly right! I posted some pictures on the build thread, but yeah. With some rust that had opened up that drivers rear fender, it allowed salt, mud, and water into that bundle of connectors, and absolutely killed them.

I went back with DT connectors, so hopefully will never have that issue again.

View attachment 3285856

View attachment 3285857
Whoa. I've never seen that much corrosion inside a "sealed" connector. Holy cow.

Circled in green is the connector I've usually dealt with. I'm not sure I even opened up that corroded one you show. Jeez.

Now, I have to ask... Did you seal those terminals in any way? Huge kudos for actually using proper open barrel terminals, however, those appear to be non-sealed interior terminals instead of the sealed terminals that have a rubber seal on each terminal.

1680147132729.png

Wait, are those the BI connectors? Isn't that the interior panel where the bottle jack lives? If so I think those might be BF3 connectors etc.

Whoa. I've never seen that much corrosion inside a "sealed" connector. Holy cow.

Circled in green is the connector I've usually dealt with. I'm not sure I even opened up that corroded one you show. Jeez.

Now, I have to ask... Did you seal those terminals in any way? Huge kudos for actually using proper open barrel terminals, however, those appear to be non-sealed interior terminals instead of the sealed terminals that have a rubber seal on each terminal.

View attachment 3286058
Interesting! That circled connector didn’t look that bad at all, I hit it with electrical cleaner and a fine brass brush to clean things up a bit, then covered the interior of the plug with dielectric grease to hopefully stave off any future issues.

Yes, I used the same connectors as all of my exterior mounted lights use, with dielectric grease on the back side of the terminals, and the front side. So far I haven’t had any issues with the exterior mounted plugs, so hopefully these will be a similar experience since they are mostly protected.

Also yes, this is behind the jack mount on the driver side of the cargo area, so these may be the BF connectors, my electrical book is at a friends shop right now, and I can’t recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom