ahc stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys doing a little research for some mods in the spring (its spring now but its still cold) I have been havin ahc issues (06 lx model); had the tsb done 3 months ago and seems to work well but at times the unit moves by itself at a stop light or in wierd situations. Been told that it should move by itself to adjust for being level etc. Wanted to ask others like hoser or slee what they have done to their units for lifts. Looking into switching it out to a regualr set up as in the lc, or by passing the black box. So the questions are first in reliability if you tinker with the black box does the system stay level? how is the long term by pass holding up? and also cost effectivness if its gonna go in a few years any way why not switch out etc. Do moderate wheelin (definetly need to do more and work less) mostly beach stuff. Plannin a big road trip this summer so trying to get all my ducks in a row:bounce:

also forgot to ask; if you do the black box bypass does this adversly affect torsion bars/ ride quality? I know this is not a car but i am trying to keep ride quality some what stock.

I know this is not a car but i am trying to keep ride quality some what stock.
If you have little or no added weight, I would just keep it stock and get Slee's Blackbox. You'll be able to maintain the stock ride quality and fuel mileage. As for the occasional height adjustments while at stoplights, mine does that as well and from what I hear, it is normal.

hey hoser thanks for the response i'm not worried about gas milage and stuff like that mostly harsh ride/ bouncing etc most of my friends which have lifts have pick ups etc and talk about the swaying or boatey feel etc. but besides that you did the black box by pass yes?? any unusual tire wear or problems i think you tow alot right? so you put added stress on the system any breakage of anything??? thanks a bunch

forgot to add this the reason i want the extra hieght is to add bigger tires; i dont really need for going over obstacles but airing down gives a track etc. believe it or not in stock form i have been great but also i am very careful about the super soft stuff and dont go into certain areas ( no winch yet) :bang:

You can run most 33's with no lift and just lift it when you need it. If you prefer to run some lift all the time, still I say go with Slee's blacbox and run it in HI along with the diff drop bracket and a get it all realigned. The ride will still be good in HI mode but your 100 will have some added sway because of the slightly higher center of gravity.

cool thanks for the info i understand the sway with the higher center grav and hope the wider & larger tires will help but do i really need a dif drop???

Diff drop is not exactly "necessary" with a small lift but it will help your CV's last longer and reduce the amount of goop coming out of the boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom