AHC Shock Spacers for LC200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,
Does anyone know if AHC Shock Spacers do exist for LC200?
I am thinking of doing something similar to what done by DirtDawg on his LX470 (LC 100)?
I am planning to do an AHC Sensor Lift + front and rear King Springs...ideally including those AHC Shock Spacers. Ideas?

The quick answer is yes assuming I correctly understand your question. Start at this post and read the next several:

Yes, they exist for the front. You can use the same leveling spacers the LC guys use. Side benefit would be potentially increasing the suspension stroke!

For the rear, you'll want to utilize spring spacers. They come in various sizes.

Hi there,
Does anyone know if AHC Shock Spacers do exist for LC200?
I am thinking of doing something similar to what done by DirtDawg on his LX470 (LC 100)?
I am planning to do an AHC Sensor Lift + front and rear King Springs...ideally including those AHC Shock Spacers. Ideas?

Interested to see the springs you plan on using. Since the actuators share the load as well as the springs. I am not aware of anyone that has replaced the springs other that armored versions. Or of course full race builds, but those eliminate AHC altogether.

If you’re going to swap springs why use spacers? The correct spring rate for your desired height should be enough?

My final target is to have a sensor lift, with neutral AHC pressure and firmer ride...hence my idea of changing the springs...although not sure if anything exists on the market to allow AHC to function prroperly...I am actually looking for some advice on that. For the (lower end) spacers...the idea is to keep the shocks at the "stock" position...to remove/reduce the extended length due to the lift (this is to maintain the same amount of potential shock work). Coil spacers is an alternative for the rear...but given the 150K miles, I was planning to replace those springs anyway.

Springs would be ideal. As mentioned, readily available replacements are just not available in the market yet. Aftermarket AHC springs for the 100-series (King Springs AHC KTRS-79) came pretty late in that generations lifecycle too.

If one could source it, there's AHC front springs for the diesel 200-series variant in some markets that's very likely higher spring rate. Not so sure the rear springs would be higher rate on the diesel variant.

There's been at least 1 example where someone dropped in standard Land Cruiser springs in place of the AHC springs. It was on a full build with bumpers, armor, etc.

Even on a not-very built LX, LC springs could possibly work if one just finds the lift point for which AHC pressure is neutral. May need to run the damping in sport to pair with the much higher spring rate. Can't say how it would ride otherwise.

I don't have a very heavily built vehicle, but have been to 1800lb payload with 6-people, gear, and 1000lb tongue weight. I find the ride and spring rates to be controlled even in that extreme. AHC compensates nicely and it never felt undersprung or underdamped.

For the rear coil springs, I found a thread about someone using LC100 ones onto the 200 (Upgraded AHC suspension..). I would assume King Springs AHC KTRS-79 should work on LC200 too? Anyone tried that out yet?

Hello all, i've read lots about the sensor lift, I was a bit holding back but I did the sensor lift and it sucks... yest I had alignment done, only the steering rods had to be turned out on both sides, the rest was good.

It drives like it's on high and sport mode on the same time.. so I lowered it again by half, and when I drove over a speed bumb (for example) on a slant so with one wheel, it was like it lifted half the car instead of absorbing the bump, back to original position and drives a charm, a bit more and (logically) it was bouncing all over like there is no shock absorption.

I have techstream, but I have not one single clue how to set old and new distances to reset it to the new normal settings.

I think, that when I have the good manuel and know how to set the techstream to the new ride, it would make no difference in the comfort because all the weight is being carried through the ahc system and not the spring anymore...

My guess is the coil spacer would help out a lot, and techstream, again, will not solve this issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to try techstream first, all input would be highly appreciated!

Cheers.

Hello all, i've read lots about the sensor lift, I was a bit holding back but I did the sensor lift and it sucks... yest I had alignment done, only the steering rods had to be turned out on both sides, the rest was good.

It drives like it's on high and sport mode on the same time.. so I lowered it again by half, and when I drove over a speed bumb (for example) on a slant so with one wheel, it was like it lifted half the car instead of absorbing the bump, back to original position and drives a charm, a bit more and (logically) it was bouncing all over like there is no shock absorption.

I have techstream, but I have not one single clue how to set old and new distances to reset it to the new normal settings.

I think, that when I have the good manuel and know how to set the techstream to the new ride, it would make no difference in the comfort because all the weight is being carried through the ahc system and not the spring anymore...

My guess is the coil spacer would help out a lot, and techstream, again, will not solve this issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to try techstream first, all input would be highly appreciated!

Cheers.
bumping this thread for updates.

Did you find a solution for the harsh ride? Or is it still the same?

Cheers.

This is likely a situation with AHC suspension globes bottom out. Either worn or due to AHC carrying too much of the vehicle weight, or both. Nitrogen supports hydraulic pressure within the globes, and overtime like a shock, could have leaked down or permeated the membrane, leaving not as much "travel" for hydraulic fluid within the globe before the membrane bottoms out.

Solution could be to replace the set of globes which is relatively easy. Or use spacers so the coils springs return to carrying some weight. Or both.

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom