Ahc shock replacement procedure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I have searched for a while and am coming up empty. I have found a great deal of info on fluid changes, but am not finding much in terms of shock replacement.

My bushings are shot. I figure if I am going to change the bushing I might as well just replace the entire shock itself.

@PADDO is the guru and hoping he can possibly provide a step by step on how to go about this endeavor.

Thanks in advance

Additionally, I have it up on my 2 post lift. I have it in N position. Do I need put the wheels back on and set it down or can I do everything with it while on the lift?

i ripped my AHC out , but from what i've heard most people dont replace the shocks. They don't go bad over time like gas-filled shocks do

It’s a 2002 with just under 100k on it. It’s in great shape but the bushings are toast. Was owned by an older lady and did a lot of sitting in the garage. If I have to disconnect everything to do the bushings I figured I might as well just do whole new units.

Just undo the 2x 12mm bolt holding the line to the shaft and remove like you would with regular shocks. Remember to release the pressure in the lines first, at this point might as well flush out the fluid too. I replaced my front shocks recently and the new bushing is a pain to install since they're so thick. Gotta get creative on how to compress it enough to thread the bolt on.

Just undo the 2x 12mm bolt holding the line to the shaft and remove like you would with regular shocks. Remember to release the pressure in the lines first, at this point might as well flush out the fluid too. I replaced my front shocks recently and the new bushing is a pain to install since they're so thick. Gotta get creative on how to compress it enough to thread the bolt on.
I guess that’s what I’m trying to ask. What is the process for bleeding the air from the shocks after you remove them and reconnect

I guess that’s what I’m trying to ask. What is the process for bleeding the air from the shocks after you remove them and reconnect
And then do you need to have the ahc at L N or H. And then can I do all this while on the lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom