AHC Sensor lift without equalizing pressures via TechStream (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HGB

Threads
Through reading the very helpful AHC Sensor lift thread, I know that with 10 minutes in the driveway and limited tools, one can lift their LX a couple inches. What I am wondering, however, is what long term damage can be caused without changing data in TechStream? On the 100 torsion bars can help with the added pressure. What is the easiest way to ensure AHC reliability even after completing the lift?

Also- any hope for an override switch like Slee engineered for the 100? I would love to just override the system in High when I want the lift above 20MPH rather than having it at all times.

I like your question.

I have read lots about the ahc sensor adjustment on 100 and 200 series lc

I give it a go last evening on the front and i run on your post, and what do you know... it drives like s*** :(

The first corners i took i figured,,, perhaps after an alignement it will be all good, but today when i drove a bumpy road, i stopped right there, put it back to it's original height and its like night and day difference.

I've read about a spacer and all that also, perhaps thats the way to get the confort back and the pressure down on the ahc.

If you drive and set the ahc on heigh mode, it allready drives hard and you feel alignement is off.

I understand what you are saying, i would like to go max 50 or 60km an hour or so, on that height before it lowers again, instead of 20km/h.

Perhaps that is posible with software or wire mod.

I hope to find out more about the ahc spacer to stay on a bit more hight and being able to up to 285-70-18 or so.

Let me know what your experience is and keep us updated on this matter.

Cheers.

Good question. With stock setup, the weight of vehicle is spread out b/w the springs and AHC per Lexus engineer’s determination for what is best for the vehicle long-term.

Doesn’t “sensor lift” put all that weight more on AHC hydraulics and less on springs? AHC HIGH is designed only for short-term use and at slow speed, right? Now, not only are you going high all the time, but you are lifting it even higher and driving all day. I cannot imagine that Lexus engineers took that into consideration when they designed the AHC system.

And then, I see folks here add tons of heavy armor and tow a big a$$ trailer...are you guys sure AHC can take this over the long haul? I think that i saw someone here even tow above tow rating!

In addition to long-term durability, what about emergency handling or braking prowess with these sensor lifts?

With 100 or 200, has there been any commentary from Toyota/Lexus engineers about these sensor lifts??

Last edited:
Good question. With stock setup, the weight of vehicle is spread out b/w the springs and AHC per Lexus engineer’s determination for what is best for the vehicle long-term.

Doesn’t “sensor lift” put all that weight more on AHC hydraulics and less on springs? AHC HIGH is designed only for short-term use and at slow speed, right? Now, not only are you going high all the time, but you are lifting it even higher and driving all day. I cannot imagine that Lexus engineers took that into consideration when they designed the AHC system.

And then, I see folks here add tons of heavy armor and tow a big a$$ trailer...are you guys sure AHC can take this over the long haul? I think that i saw someone here even tow above tow rating!

In addition to long-term durability, what about emergency handling or braking prowess with these sensor lifts?

With 100 or 200, has there been any commentary from Toyota/Lexus engineers about these sensor lifts??
Yes it does, thats why people discus the spacers so the spring helps a fair bit more to carry the load :)

I just looked at the rear, one sensor arm was totally up, the other totally down, big difference on techstream numbers, only 1cm on the measurement from ground to fender.

So i unbolted.... no... i tried to unbolt the arms to change it to the exact position, but one broke, removed it, baljoint were bad also so removed the other one as well to order new ones.
I tierwrapt the sensor arm to it's electric cable, get in the car, start it, turned off the OFF button for the ahc, and it lowerd the car lower than low, spit all the new fluid out of it also.. DAMN IT... :(

20200912_160013.jpg

20200912_162504.jpg

20200912_152536.jpg

So, this morning i woke up, rushed to the garage, welded a 6mm bolt on the broken bolt-joint, add new thread on the weld and put it all back ubder the car.

Went for a drive, and tried on a flat surface to measure and adspt the sensor links but i can't seem to get the left on the exact same hight of the right...

I tried for hours and hours and 50 to 100 times of adjusting the sensor link position..

I always have about 2 cm difference between left and right rear, the front is not equal but smaller differnces than the back.

I've read for hours and hours and i still have no idea how the set it correct on techstream :(

I've seen the manual, and even checked russian sites with google translate but it gets me no where, am i just stupid or are orhers experiencing a hard time with this techstream also?

What a horrible procedure you have to go through..... how about a flat surface and reset with one press on the button :(

As mentioned before, i have found one sensor all the way up and one sensor all the way down on the rear axle, that cant be a good sign.

All the help is appreciated. :)

20200913_103339.jpg

Is your frame straight/true? Have you done the offsets, resets laid out in the manual post messing with the AHC position and offsets?

Is your frame straight/true? Have you done the offsets, resets laid out in the manual post messing with the AHC position and offsets?
I dont understand what you are saying, nor do i understand the manual :(

I know i have to put the car on a flat surface, like waterlevel, than what?

What i do is try to get it level with the sensors, that seems imposible.

I could not get mine level either. It looks level if your looking at it, but measuring it was driving me crazy too. I threw in the towel and just went for more height.

I could not get mine level either. It looks level if your looking at it, but measuring it was driving me crazy too. I threw in the towel and just went for more height.
Haha sounds good mate!

However, i drive 285-50-20" right now and the ride on a non payvement road is a bit harsh, so this morning i found out it was almost level,,, go figure. . And now i put it almost all te way to normal mode in the front, but i reckon going 33-12.5-18's will solve that matter for me so i can lift again.

I tried for hours and hours and 50 to 100 times of adjusting the sensor link position..

you won't see immediate measurable results without driving around first. The system needs to bounce and level out.

1mm of movement on the sensor bolt equates to 2mm on the rig.

take measurements between your front left and right, then calculate how much movement you need. You already have a 6mm offset between the left and right, but that shouldnt matter if you're not messing with the Offset utility for now.

you won't see immediate measurable results without driving around first. The system needs to bounce and level out.

1mm of movement on the sensor bolt equates to 2mm on the rig.

take measurements between your front left and right, then calculate how much movement you need. You already have a 6mm offset between the left and right, but that shouldnt matter if you're not messing with the Offset utility for now.

Yep i know, thanks anyway.
i drove it on a bumpy farmers road, after changing the sensor.
It was almost level this morning and i have it now as good as it gets but im looking for bigger tires on my new 2018 OEM set i have in the garage, than i do it all over and see how hard or hopefully comfortable the ride is with the higher side walls :)

The ride is more compliant, even my 129load 3 ply ‘E’ 80 aspect tires are better riding than the 50 aspect stockers. Psi is more finicky though. . .

@NL4x4 - read through my build thread, starting with post 133 on Page 7: Builds - eatSleepWoof's '14 LX

There is a lot of great AHC-related info there posted by many members. I also had a ton of issues leveling out the LX via the sensors, to the point that I gave up. Your 2cm difference is a lot closer than what I was able to achieve.

As I eventually found out (via a master Lexus mechanic that actually knows how AHC works) is that not only does the LX have to be a perfectly level surface when doing the leveling, but that there is also a procedure in Techstream that has to be ran after the fact. That procedure is not something you can do via bootleg copies of Techstream - you need the proper/legit software for that. It also took this mechanic around 8 hours to get my LX reasonably level (if I remember correctly, it's within 1/4" side to side).

The first time I did the sensor lift it went smoothly and easily. But after the above-mentioned fiasco, personally, I am never touching those sensors again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom