AHC replace suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My son took the 2006 LC for a beach ride, and ended up jacking up so much of the suspension system that I just need to update/replace things.
It's mostly just jacked up/old bushings and one broken passenger side relatively new CV axle boot..
And new shocks all around, as well as probably some new rear medium springs.
advice?
thx m8s!
m

If you're keeping the ahc the the shocks don't need to be replaced unless they're leaking.

If you're keeping the ahc the the shocks don't need to be replaced unless they're leaking.

Leaking is usually just a matter of the pressures being too high. That can be remidied by relieving the pressures by a torsion bolt adjustment, replacing the tired rear springs, adding 30mm spacer with the rear springs, reducing weight, or a combination of all of these. If there's an apparent failure, like rusted shocks that are causing the leaking, then you'd need to replace them.

My son took the 2006 LC for a beach ride, and ended up jacking up so much of the suspension system that I just need to update/replace things.
It's mostly just jacked up/old bushings and one broken passenger side relatively new CV axle boot..
And new shocks all around, as well as probably some new rear medium springs.
advice?
thx m8s!
m
I think you need to take a step back and figure out exactly what's wrong. AHC is not a normal suspension system and you don't change throw new shocks at it to make it better.

Replacing bushings is a great idea. New shocks is a bad idea (unless there's something weirdly broken with them).

Tell us what's exactly wrong and we might be more help. AHC delete is generally an expensive way to buy yourself inferior suspension. Unless you somehow have a ruined AHC system (highly unlikely), you should determine exactly what's wrong and replace with OEM parts.

Not sure if OP knew he has AHC when he started the thread. He has changed the thread title to AHC related after I asked about AHC delete.
I changed the title so people would know what the question is regarding vs. having to click into the thread to see.

2006 and 07 it was available and his sig says it has it.

I changed the title so people would know what the question is regarding vs. having to click into the thread to see.

2006 and 07 it was available and his sig says it has it.
Thx for the rewording. She’s getting checked by Javier right now.

I think you need to take a step back and figure out exactly what's wrong. AHC is not a normal suspension system and you don't change throw new shocks at it to make it better.

Replacing bushings is a great idea. New shocks is a bad idea (unless there's something weirdly broken with them).

Tell us what's exactly wrong and we might be more help. AHC delete is generally an expensive way to buy yourself inferior suspension. Unless you somehow have a ruined AHC system (highly unlikely), you should determine exactly what's wrong and replace with OEM parts.
I’ll post back after they give her a good looking over this week!

Your son slightly screwed it up but if you remove AHC it will be truly ruined.
Yep, no intentions of replacing/deleting the AHC!!

I agree! Will update shortly! 👍

Don't let your son take it to the beach anymore. :cool:
That’s gonna be a fight!! 😂😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom