AHC Relay Missing (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just got my 1999 LX470 and found out that the AHC doesn't work. Once I got it home I checked the fuses and they were good. But under the hood found that the relay was missing for the system. Is there any reason they might have taken it out besides them not wanting to use it? and I dont know where to buy a new relay.

InkedIMG_3533_LI.jpg

Or the AHC is broken

not sure if that is or not

View attachment 2525310
That's unfortunately the common cheap kit to remove AHC. You might have the LX torsion bars still in place, which are around 40% too weak now that AHC is gone. If you do still have those thin LX torsion bars, it's probably a good idea to find a used set of LC bars or go for one of the aftermarket options.

That's unfortunately the common cheap kit to remove AHC. You might have the LX torsion bars still in place, which are around 40% too weak now that AHC is gone. If you do still have those thin LX torsion bars, it's probably a good idea to find a used set of LC bars or go for one of the aftermarket options.
Are those the skinny ones?
IMG_3538.JPG
IMG_3537.JPG

So since im missing the AHC and I want to lift it would this be a good lift kit. I plan on using it for offroading, and camping and in the future im gonna put a front bumper on and probably a roof rack.

Yeah, that's a good option. You can read up on various options on here. Search around. :)
So currently on my car I have a strutmaster kit would i be able to just buy shocks and torsion bar instead of a whole kit. Also I dont know if its because of strutmaster but right now the back or my car is lifted and the front isnt.

So currently on my car I have a strutmaster kit would i be able to just buy shocks and torsion bar instead of a whole kit. Also I dont know if its because of strutmaster but right now the back or my car is lifted and the front isnt.
I'm guessing that's because the Strutmasters kit (which IMO shouldn't be sold because it's inherently unsafe and I'm amazed they haven't been sued yet), includes proper rear springs and does NOT include proper front springs. You have to reindex the front torsion bars a few times to come close to getting enough spring. Even then, the spring rate is way off. Your rear is properly supported, but the front is not.

Strutmaster's claim to fame is cheap kits to replace air bags on cars with air ride. A Strutmaster kit does not come with torsion bars.

I'm guessing that's because the Strutmasters kit (which IMO shouldn't be sold because it's inherently unsafe and I'm amazed they haven't been sued yet), includes proper rear springs and does NOT include proper front springs. You have to reindex the front torsion bars a few times to come close to getting enough spring. Even then, the spring rate is way off. Your rear is properly supported, but the front is not.
Ohhh ok, thanks for the info that makes a lot of sense now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom