AHC pump out? With code 1762 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No more auto tilt steering wheel, ability to disable DRLs, etc. You'll be in heaven.

The suspension will be a nice fringe benefit too. ;)

If the truck isn't currently sitting in its proper position, does it still give pressure history that would supply needed information? Surely not pressures as it sits. ?

The only way I have ever used it is to connect to the AHC computer and view live data.

I think you'd have to have SOME pressure not to be sitting on the bump stops.
62251421094__85F69ACA-29F7-48D3-AB4E-D58B1AD432F9.JPG

It is sitting perfectly in Low. I just really think the pump is bad.

If that were the case, I would expect to see the accumulator pressure stationary and below the normal ~10MPa.

Edit: when you go from L to N for example, the truck uses the accumulator pressure to raise the front and rear. You can then see the pump re-pressurizing the accumulator. No re-pressurizing & no leaks => probably the pump. But, you can see all sort of stuff when you are in there. For example, verifying the computer is getting switch inputs, etc.

But: this if off the top of my head, you'd do MUCH better to read the FSM.

Last edited:
Did you try "tapping" it with BFH? As an LC/LX collector you should have PLENTY lying around ....

I think what he is saying is that if the pump had a bad spot on the commutator, like an old starter, tapping it with a Big F^(%ing Hammer might get it moving as a temporary fix.

Personally, I'd probably try and confirm it is getting voltage first.

Ahhh. I see. I assume the motor that runs is the larger cylindrical piece in front of the reservoir with power connector to the right. I could check those prongs for volts but not sure about how to check the pump that I think is firewall side of reservoir. But motor is definitely getting power.

(Tap tap tap) "Is this thing working?" (Tap tap tap)

From a quick search of relevant threads: " If you jump Tc and E1 input of the diagnostic port on the passenger side under the hood, turn ignition to on, hit the brake nine times quickly you will reset the system."

Easy and free diagnosis - the best kind!

Sweeet! I did jump the port then did the “push button down five times after starting” deal. Motor ran but no raise. I did not do any brake scenario. I will try as soon as I get back to the LX. Thanks.

Sweeet! I did jump the port then did the “push button down five times after starting” deal. Motor ran but no raise. I did not do any brake scenario. I will try as soon as I get back to the LX. Thanks.
I just threw out an AHC pump too! I would have been happy to have donated it

I have a pump, but it would probably cost more to ship to you from here, than finding one in the US:(

Last edited:
Let me know if you still need a pump. Did the AHC delete a few months ago and still have the pump. Itll be off my 04 w/ 215k miles. Worked fine. Its yours if you need it.

Pm sent Sir

If the pump runs occasionally to help make small adjustments for self leveling, I find it hard to believe the pump is “bad.” This sounds very much like the pressures in the system are too high and so it is defaulting to L. Might need to tighten torsion bars and/or add new springs/spacers, but without techstream pressure data, you’re flying blind.

If the pump runs occasionally to help make small adjustments for self leveling, I find it hard to believe the pump is “bad.”

Perhaps you're correct but.....To be clear, when LX is started the pump or motor runs like it is TRYING to level it or raise it because it is not in N (normally it would make slight adjustments) but it does not move at all. That is what happened on day one when it would not raise back up. I lowered to L to allow my mother to enter and then themotor ran and ran trying to raise it until OFF began blinking. And that is what it does everytime I start it up. It sits in a normal level Low position but does not move at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom