AHC pressures still high (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fluid flushed and refilled, TB's maxed, 30mm spacers in rear, lifted/leveled 1-1.5" (30.5" front lower rim lip to fender, 31" rear)

Front pressure: 10.5---8.4
Rear Pressure: 8.4---7.9

Now index TB's? Look for some OEM non-ahc rear springs? Or just OEM AHC ones?

Planning front bumper instal soon. Running boards removed. No other weight added.

Thanks!

I would recommend a re-index of your torsion bars, as @camino70 mentioned, and a pair of king springs for the rear as described in my AHC lift thread.

Finally!

Piece of advice, if you index your TB's as far as possible...don't get carried away with tightening the adj bolt. I tightened mine about half tread and my front pressures were really low and giving wacky #'s in techstream. Took a while to get to a workable #.

6.5/7.7 I can deal with! Will be on the look out for non-ahc rear springs or used lift springs. When I build the front bumper and sliders good front pressure should be attainable. We'll see.

IMG_5046.JPG

After driving for a few days, new (used) BFG's and an alignment, the front end has dropped down. You guys think the alignment place lowered the front?!

Uggh.

I guess it's possible the alignment shop adjusted your front height sensors, but very unlikely. Did they note anything on their work order/vehicle report? More likely a sensor adjustment bracket has come loose. What's your height measured from hub center to fender bottom?

Sorry for the slow reply Paddo!

I was paranoid...height is fine. 20.5/21" F/R, pressures are also OK. I think it was a combination of the "look" and the rear was temporarily UP a little from being loaded/unloaded.

Paddo, I'll have to post a pic of the sheet, but some of the specs were "out" in "red", it that normal with my amount of lift...pretty minimal lift to not be able to get the aignment in spec, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom