AHC over-ride speed defaults (On-the-fly height adjustment) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HGB

Threads
I want to commend @turbo8 for successfully pioneering the deletion of the AHC system in the US. Before his accomplishment, it was largely thought to be near impossible without throwing a litany of error codes.

The topic I'd like to open (with enthusiasm stemming from Turbo doing the 'impossible' is the ability to override the AHC system speed defaults. I had a 100 series before and there was an override module that allowed for AHC to stay in High when desired, even above the 20MPH limit.

It has to be possible, as I've seen it overseas in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar. They even have been able to override the low mode speed limit, though I wouldn't want to do that as the suspension is fully compressed at that height.

I know MUD has some great minds and I'm hoping we can put our heads together and forge a new solution.

The only drawback would be being out of alignment when lifted vs at normal height, but maybe there could be an alignment option that would sit somewhere in the middle.

What do you say guys? I'm open to being a test mule here. Let's just get the conversation started!

Most of the alignment compromises would be camber and caster, and those shouldn’t matter as much off road.. at least with regard to tire wear. I’m assuming you aren’t thinking running high mode on road for extended periods... or at least I don’t see why you’d need to.

Beyond that I’m curious where this goes even if it doesn’t apply to my rig.

I recall seeing the setup from KSA where they install a fuse override switch that disables the AHC system (which acts like a permanent AHC off button). All the driver does is set the desired ride height then flips the switch, gets the 'AHC disabled' message and that specific height will be manitained regardless of speed

Reactions: HGB
I recall seeing the setup from KSA where they install a fuse override switch that disables the AHC system (which acts like a permanent AHC off button). All the driver does is set the desired ride height then flips the switch, gets the 'AHC disabled' message and that specific height will be manitained regardless of speed

Yes! This is exactly what I had in mind. How can we do this?!

100 series folks bat this idea around occasionally. Some of the AHC wizards in there caution that any solution that selectively "disengages" signal wires to the ECU (for instance a vehicle speed signal) to disable AHC automatic control will also compromise the damping modes of the suspension. I'm not sure if the 200 series folks have gone down this route, but it is not advised on the older chassis.

They say ask and ye shall receive!

WE HAVE SOME PROGRESS!! Would be awesome to build off of this by wiring a switch so we don’t need to physically disconnect the module every time. Let’s go, boys! Great work by Davey Jordan!

Thread here: How To: LX570 AHC Disable, 20 MPH H Override

Last edited:
There’s an easier way to do it, but you’ll get warning messages in the gauge cluster.
The following video is in Arabic, but all you have to do is put the car in H mode, then turn it off, then remove a fuse from the fuse box.

• Love
Reactions: HGB
Very cool!!! How fast would you want to go in H mode?
I know I don't want to take a turn doing 20 mph in H.

There’s an easier way to do it, but you’ll get warning messages in the gauge cluster.
The following video is in Arabic, but all you have to do is put the car in H mode, then turn it off, then remove a fuse from the fuse box.

You just made it even easier! ‏الله يبارك فيك

Couldn't you put a switch in place of the fuse (with a proper fuse inline) to lock it in on the fly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom