AHC on Bumpstops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

63cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
My son just sent me the picture below. Said he hit a big pothole and the truck dropped and is bouncing. What should I check when I get back in town?

F6CBCDBE-5F4E-4514-980F-C3F51F70C577.jpeg

This would explain it. Any way to over ride or disconnect it until we get a new part?

871087A5-5DBA-4AED-8C77-F1FD7ECFA0BB.jpeg

Disconnected the sensor and it is at least in limp mode. Safe to drive until I get a new part?

I drove around town for 20-30 minutes on one disconnected sensor and it was fine (except for the flashing AHC light). FYI, the sensor is available from Aisin (OE manufacturer). Part numbers in link.

Thanks for the response. Gives me a little more time to get it resolved and parts delivered

In your case, where it is just the rod that is broken, I'm curious if you can approximate the correct sensor position and secure the arm in place (via duct tape) for a temp/trail fix. But, given the impact, maybe the sensor itself is indeed broken.

@suprarx7nut can you confirm?
I think that's fine. If you're driving slow and avoiding potholes, you *can* drive on all 4 bumpstops for a real long time. It's unpleasant, but you're not going to grenade the car by doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom