AHC issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
8 months ago truck burst the drivers rear feed pipe from control valve to sphere. I ended up replacing all the feed pipes from each sphere to control valve and replaced fluid with proper toyota stuff. Truck eventually levelled up with some playing about with diagnostic active tests of actuating front and rear levelling solenoids. Drove it for 5 miles and it suddenly dropped both drivers front and rear corners. Put it back on ramp and the feed pipe from drivers rear sphere to shock was weeping so I assumed loss in pressure caused the drop. Toyota wanted £400 plus vodka and tonic for pipe so managed to source from UAE for £130 plus shipping 👌 Pipe arrived after a long wait with shipping restrictions, got it fitted and now I have a new issue. As soon as truck levels up on N height it holds pressure for 1-2 secs then drops on drivers side. Checked height sensors all seem fine. Have tried bleeding/driving and all sorts but I have a 10cm difference between front heights and led is holding at N. I’m having a wild guess but it seems to me like the control valve may be faulty it is showing no DTC codes. Or is possible I have mixed up the control valve feed pipes when replacing as the truck is raising left side/right side not front/rear?

What are your sensor heights and pressure readings after a L to N cycle?

What are your sensor heights and pressure readings after a L to N cycle?
It won’t hold a L to N cycle as soon as LED stays solid on N it collapses on drivers front and rear. height sensor values are constantly changing throughout actuation

Do you own a diagnostic tool like Techstream to watch height sensor and pressure sensor values during and upon completion of a L to N cycle?

If so, please post screenshots of data.

Problem solved I had the passenger rear and drivers front feed pipes mixed up
How is that possible? I thought these pipes are solid & can only go way onto the valve?

4 pipes from the control valve to each sphere not numbered all same size I made my own from copper brake pipping guess I wasn’t paying attention lol

Problem solved I had the passenger rear and drivers front feed pipes mixed up

@L18 CGL: It is a big job replacing all those pipes, glad it worked out for you in the end!!

I have a simple problem -- I would like to check the resistances of the solenoid valves in the Control Panel Assembly on my vehicle. Maybe it is just old or inept fingers but I cannot get the electrical connector to release -- what I should be doing to get the lock to release so as to withdraw the harness connector from the Control Valve Assembly?? Ditto the connector on the Height Control Accumulator??

AHC Control Valve Connector.jpg

@L18 CGL: It is a big job replacing all those pipes, glad it worked out for you in the end!!

I have a simple problem -- I would like to check the resistances of the solenoid valves in the Control Panel Assembly on my vehicle. Maybe it is just old or inept fingers but I cannot get the electrical connector to release -- what I should be doing to get the lock to release so as to withdraw the harness connector from the Control Valve Assembly?? Ditto the connector on the Height Control Accumulator??

View attachment 2491414
Its a lot easier with copper than the steel toyota pipes more flex lol I would say just dirt is making the connector stiff you can see the release clip. Trying pushing in on the plug at same time as pressing release clip they can be stiff

4 pipes from the control valve to each sphere not numbered all same size I made my own from copper brake pipping guess I wasn’t paying attention lol
Ah okay. I thought it was with the factory pipes

View attachment 2491414
Indro, for starters try a couple cans of compressed air, and maybe some baby oil (?), to loosen up and remove that crud. A pick tool would surely help too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom