AHC Inop after fluid change 2007 lx C1751 and C1762 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally received a new pressure switch from Japan and installed it. I cleared the 1762 code with techstream and it started pumping after I did the ACTIVE test function. The tank was getting low, so I stopped the pump by pressing the down switch to N. HOWEVER, something happened, when I restarted the test, the dreaded 1762 code returned!! I had to remove the jumper wire in the diagnostic box to clear the code with Techstream and then restart the engine, to initiate the ACTIVE test but I pressed the UP direction, not the DOWN direction. I don't know if that matters- , but now the code keeps returning.! I have cleared the code and restarted the active test by pressing DOWN, but the 1762 code keeps returning!! Now, I am lost! I checked the voltage at the pressure switch and it was 0.505 V. This is after I replaced it with the NEW switch.!??! I have tried 7 times and it keeps throwing the 1762 code. What's worse, I added another liter of oil to the reservoir when it was pumping, and when it threw the code, it fell b back to the stops and the tank overflowed about 1.2 liters of oil all over the ground!!!! :-( So I have a NEW mess to clean up.

Indocruise, what do I do next ...? I'm completely out of ideas. I have replaced TWO ( 2) pressure switches now at $250 a piece, and wasted 2 L of Oil.
QUESTION> _ How do I stop the computer from continuing to get the 1762 code?
2.) Should I bleed the accumulator and globes before resetting and clearing the error code? The truck is on the stops so there is no point as there is very low pressure in the system...since all the fluid is back in the reservoir and on the ground now!!
99% of the time C1762 simply means there's air in your system. You need to bleed. If you see bubbles anywhere in your clear tube during bleeding, keep bleeding. If it's localized to one corner, it's often a bad globe which is releasing nitrogen gas.

Fix: Bleed and pay attention to where bubbles are present. Replace globes if needed (not expensive via impex).

IMO (not having read much of this thread), stop worrying about the pressure switch. It's never the pressure switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom