AHC help ... yeah another one. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ... Yep another ahc post .... last year I bought new spheres etc fitted em and cleaned the pump assembly everything was fine.

This year I decided to do my yearly ahc bleed / flush. Went well everything was OK then one day car was parked a few days and when I went to drive it suspension felt messed.

Then it went down all the way to the bump stops.

I've changed the pump assembly (the part inside the pump not entire thing with motor and tub).

I've cleared codes (pump pressure abnormal) and done active test but the thing will just not rise up.

I have felt the motor running during active test.

1. When I loosen the pipe from the motor and run it directly should the fluid come out of the motor with a lot of force? Mine seems to come out slow.

2. Trying to bleed the spheres past few days get very little or nothing from them.

3. The accumulator sometimes has a bit of pressure on the bleeder but normally when I'm trying to bleed its as if its dry.

4. My front right height control sensor seems buggered as its not changing value and it way off compared to front left and rear. Can this stop the car raising even in active test mode.

5. I always end up with pump abnormal pressure error on tis I normally have to clear this before active test will even let the pump run.

Spheres were from plaeides fitted myself were fine till recently.

P_20170417_214529_1_p.jpg

Yes, if the values from the two front sensors differ too much, the system will just cut, stop working.
The fault is normally either inside the sensor (corrosion or worn carbon trace), mechanically of the linkage, or the cable next to either the plug on the sensor or the one on top of the fender.

Active test works but car will not raise up. Works meaning I can feel the pump running. Tomorrow ill probably clean that one.height sensor up.

If the pump is out of the car and I put 12 volt on it. Should the fluid shoot out or just come out slowly?

Right so the sensor itself is fine just the linkage broke I moved it around and on tis saw values moving etc. I set it to read the same as the other side still cant generate any pressure and getting pump pressure abnormal error. I'm thinking the pump has gone kaput! I'm going to remove it tomorrow and check the motor side see if everything is OK n try once more.

Anyone.in UK selling ahc pump motor?

I tested the pump everything moving OK. Can someone possibly upload a vid of pump running so I can see at what pressure the fluid is supposed to cone out of outlet. I also bled the attenuator that seemed to have air bubbles in it. Should I bleed the control valve? I just cant get the bloody thing up.

Attached pump motor pics when was cleaning it out

IMG-20170430-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20170430-WA0017.jpg

I tested the pump everything moving OK. Can someone possibly upload a vid of pump running so I can see at what pressure the fluid is supposed to cone out of outlet. I also bled the attenuator that seemed to have air bubbles in it. Should I bleed the control valve? I just cant get the bloody thing up.

Attached pump motor pics when was cleaning it out

View attachment 1452273

View attachment 1452274

I just bought an LX with this same issue, so digging up this thread...and bruhhh, wth you wearing for shoes/socks/sandals lol

I just bought an LX with this same issue, so digging up this thread...and bruhhh, wth you wearing for shoes/socks/sandals lol
Haha my leather socks with slippers.

Let me know if i can help. One thing just dont bleed the accumulator the one between 2 spheres on one side. That thing is a pain to re pressurise.

Haha my leather socks with slippers.

Let me know if i can help. One thing just dont bleed the accumulator the one between 2 spheres on one side. That thing is a pain to re pressurise.

Thanks for the tips, i should just bleed off every sphere and not the cylindrical tank things. Still waiting on the globes, they're being shipped from japan.

Thanks for the tips, i should just bleed off every sphere and not the cylindrical tank things. Still waiting on the globes, they're being shipped from japan.
You’re getting some bad information here. Let me know if you want reposts of a better way to do a proper fluid exchange/bleed - the height accumulator aka cylinder tank thing really needs to be bled down too - and for a copy of safe and more efficient ways to change out damper accumulators.
They’ll come up in search multiple times too.

You’re getting some bad information here. Let me know if you want reposts of a better way to do a proper fluid exchange/bleed - the height accumulator aka cylinder tank thing really needs to be bled down too - and for a copy of safe and more efficient ways to change out damper accumulators.
They’ll come up in search multiple times too.

Sorry I’m new to AHC, there’s a lot of information to ingest. I am replacing all 4 globes as the truck is bouncing around like a pogo stick. I did the gradation test and only got 3-4 lines between Lo and Hi and the fluid in the res is way below normal. There’s no leak anywhere so it’s safe to assume the fluid are inside the spheres? I ordered some oem ones and still waiting on it from Japan.

Sorry I’m new to AHC, there’s a lot of information to ingest. I am replacing all 4 globes as the truck is bouncing around like a pogo stick. I did the gradation test and only got 3-4 lines between Lo and Hi and the fluid in the res is way below normal. There’s no leak anywhere so it’s safe to assume the fluid are inside the spheres? I ordered some oem ones and still waiting on it from Japan.
With just 3-4 graduations, no damping and low fluid is safe to say your globes are gone and full of the missing fluid. With new globes, a proper fluid exchange to get rid of the old gassy contaminated stuff and setting your neutral pressures up you’ll have a new ride. You can combine the fluid changeout with your new globe installation to kill two birds with one stone, nice and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom