AHC height setting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'm grateful to be accepted into this community.
I have a year 2000 Cygnus 4.7 petrol, and have just replaced the 'rams' or shocks all round, the old units had suffered from corrosion, albeit in only 70K miles, UK salt n stuff ! I saw a thread with a measurement for AHC settings, These were from bottom of wheel arch to centre of wheel, in 'N', these measurements were stated as !9.5" for front, and 20.5" for rear, as in 'N'
I have just measured mine at 22.5" at rear and 19.5" at front.
I also checked L and H for rear, these gave measurements of 24" H, and 21" at L
These appear a bit high, or are the figs of 19.5" F and 20.5" R at N not always applicable ?
I Have adjusted rear height sensor, and this is the best 'low' figure I can achieve
Any thoughts on this would be most welcome, Thanks

My readings were as specified for front, but unable to get below 2

You're definitely high, but it may not be a "problem" yet, so to speak. How much have you driven since your new hydraulic rams were installed? There may be some settling with time to get you closer to the listed specs. You have OEM rear springs I take it?

You have to check the pressure readings if you want to get any further. It might be that the rear springs are changed for stronger than original.

Re rusty shocks: it is often only the outer shield that corrodes, and they can easily be replaced with some plastic tubing.

Thanks for replies, it seems that the rams supplied are different to what was fitted. The springs are original. I now have all that is required to, hopefully sort, and will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom