AHC Height Offset Utility How-To (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm measuring from the notional center of the hubcap. Perhaps can only eyeball it to +/- .25" accuracy. Measuring from the top of the center cap might be difficult to compare for those with aftermarket wheels.

OEM spacer shouldn't limit anything. Perhaps you're thinking it may limit compression? That should be governed by the bump stop. Never want the shock to be the compression limiter. The overall shock length does dictate maximum droop. By putting in the spacer, it increases droop by ~.75". Making front suspension travel on par with the rear axle at ~10" IIRC.

Last edited:
I'm measuring from the notional center of the hubcap. Perhaps can only eyeball it to +/- .25" accuracy. Measuring from the top of the center cap might be difficult to compare for those with aftermarket wheels.

OEM spacer shouldn't limit anything. Perhaps you're thinking it may limit compression? That should be governed by the bump stop. Never want the shock to be the compression limiter. The overall shock length does dictate maximum droop. By putting in the spacer, it increase droop by ~.75". Making front suspension travel on par with the rear axle at ~10" IIRC.
Suddenly I feel I must get a spacer.
Should have done it when I did my accumulator replacement.

I'm curious what others measurements are.

I did a mild sensor lift with mine - .75" front and .5" rear, as I strongly believe less is more at times. In my experience off-roading, even this mild lift provide prodigious clearance when paired with 33.2" tires and AHC high. I have an OEM front strut spacer with mine to increase front end droop travel and articulation.

Copied from here, these are my measurements:

Measurements from center of hub to fender (suspension lift):
Front (lift)Rear (lift)
Stock AHC "N"19"20.75"
Stock AHC "H"21.0" (2")23.125" (2.375")
Sensor Lifted AHC "H"21.75" (2.75")23.625" (2.875")
Sensor Lifted AHC "Extra High" (projected)22.5" (3.5")24.375" (3.625")

Measurements from ground to fender (suspension and tire lift, w/ 305/55/20 33.2" tires):
Front (lift)Rear (lift)
Stock AHC "N"34.5" (1")36.125" (1")
Stock AHC "H"36.5" (3")38.5" (3.375")
Sensor Lifted AHC "H"37.25" (3.75")39" (3.875")
Sensor Lifted AHC "Extra High" (projected)38.0" (4.5")39.75" (4.625")

I'm not in a scientific place, parallel parked up on a four inch curb. Drat the 1 1/2 car wide street I live on.

N Mode. Rear. One wheel 36", 19" to hub. the other wheel 37+" with 20+" to hub. The taller side is the side on the curb, not surprising. I'd guess the avg to be 36.5" and 19.5".

OEM spacer shouldn't limit anything. Perhaps you're thinking it may limit compression?

Yea, my bad. I was thinking about my Jeep where the spacer goes on top of the spring and the shock is still the limiting factor. Saw your spacer thread and now I see that it sits above the shock/spring.

I'm measuring from the notional center of the hubcap. Perhaps can only eyeball it to +/- .25" accuracy.

Also makes sense. I use top of center cap when I'm going around comparing all corners.
Now you're going to make me cross hatch my caps for an accurate measurement 🤓

Last edited:
I'm not in a scientific place, parallel parked up on a four inch curb. Drat the 1 1/2 car wide street I live on.

N Mode. Rear. One wheel 36", 19" to hub. the other wheel 37+" with 20+" to hub. The taller side is the side on the curb, not surprising. I'd guess the avg to be 36.5" and 19.5".
Today on my driveway, rear 37", 20 5/8 to hub. Other side similar. Front 36", 19 5/8" to hub.

Normal height after making brackets as noted above front and rear

CB04FCF2-520A-44AA-BD14-C93139340A76.jpeg

Wow, that's up there! :steer:

What does high position look like and does it work? Interested in measurements if you don't mind.

Pretty soon, it'll be the LX that's desirable for its extreme mod potential.

It acts like it wants to go in H, but it never really does. I'll measure this weekend. It needs tweaking to be at least a similar height all around, but I've been searching for this look since day one. Those are 295/70/18 tires as well. I didn't realize they looked so small till I saw the pic on my computer screen.

Your suspension is probably about topped out with the brackets. Measure how much droop\sag you have, by measuring hub to fender at ride height, then jack up the frame so the suspension is fully dropped out, and measure again.

You should have at least a couple inches of of suspension droop\sag at normal ride height.

Post pics of your brackets, bruh!

Rear and front brackets.

Nice! This is how I imagined making a front bracket by still having all that adjustability.

My guess is that your sweet spot will be with your new bolt moved up so the arm (stock nut) is touching the outside of the stock bracket.

These pictures should help.The bracket just moves the sensor “down” to extend the range of adjustment. Basically this gives high suspension level without the 20mph cutoff. I did something similar in the rear but drilled holes higher in the bracket to mount the sensor. I’ve put 5k+ miles on this with no major issues. Rear also has no sway bar.

High setting still functions fine but won’t always change the display on the dash from N to H. Ride is kinda rough in H but I have strut spacers to add at some point soon to relieve the pressure.

View attachment 2319775

View attachment 2319776

@Prime Wow nice creative. Thats why I want that bracket. I would like to ask what size of thick of bracket aluminium for sensors? How about long and width?

Thanks

I'm curious what others measurements are.

I did a mild sensor lift with mine - .75" front and .5" rear, as I strongly believe less is more at times. In my experience off-roading, even this mild lift provide prodigious clearance when paired with 33.2" tires and AHC high. I have an OEM front strut spacer with mine to increase front end droop travel and articulation.

Copied from here, these are my measurements:

Measurements from center of hub to fender (suspension lift):
Front (lift)Rear (lift)
Stock AHC "N"19"20.75"
Stock AHC "H"21.0" (2")23.125" (2.375")
Sensor Lifted AHC "N"19.75" (0.75")21.25" (0.5")
Sensor Lifted AHC "H"21.75" (2.75")23.625" (2.875")
Sensor Lifted AHC "Extra High" (projected)22.5" (3.5")24.375" (3.625")

Measurements from ground to fender (suspension and tire lift, w/ 305/55/20 33.2" tires):
Front (lift)Rear (lift)
Stock AHC "N"34.5" (1")36.125" (1")
Stock AHC "H"36.5" (3")38.5" (3.375")
Sensor Lifted AHC "H"37.25" (3.75")39" (3.875")
Sensor Lifted AHC "Extra High" (projected)38.0" (4.5")39.75" (4.625")

If we install the bracket into AHC sensor (after AHC lift too), so it means that extends the height again. However, should we change the UCA? Is there issue on shock when we set to "HI" position when set from H4 to L4 (for off-roading)? When off-roading, is there problem after bracket + AHC lift sensor?

I have already adjusted the sensor of AHC. Then, I will install the bracket for that soon but I don't know is that safe for off-roading?

IMG_0721.jpg

This is "HI" position with AHC lift (without bracket) with using 275/60/20.
IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg
IMG_0726.jpg
IMG_0722.jpg

So I'm not sure where to post this, here or maybe the SQOD thread.

I did the sensor lift a while ago. Then Friday, I installed the front spacers and flushed the whole AHC system. Now I have the below lights. Drives normally, but I haven't tested ABS yet. The center diff lock light is flashing and the "AFS OFF" light is flashing. Pushing the AFS OFF button does nothing. I did a quick code scan and nothing came up. Raises and lowers normally now, maybe a little faster than before. I am certain I evacuated all of the air from the system.
I have a suspicion I may have damaged the "SKID CONTROL SENSOR WIRE", PN 8951660150 when I removed the driver side spindle but not certain.
Can anyone decipher the message here?
dash lights.jpg

I did a quick code scan and nothing came up
No codes? I'd pull the negative wire for 10 min and see if that resolves it. I broke an ABS sensor when my rear wheel bearings failed, it got an 'open wire' or similar code (memory fails me). New sensors are $10 or so. I also bought a new rear sensor harness, but never put that in as the rear wheel bearing replacement fixed the error.

No codes? I'd pull the negative wire for 10 min and see if that resolves it. I broke an ABS sensor when my rear wheel bearings failed, it got an 'open wire' or similar code (memory fails me). New sensors are $10 or so. I also bought a new rear sensor harness, but never put that in as the rear wheel bearing replacement fixed the error.
No luck. Guess I should try techstream next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom