AHC Fluid Pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Inflation is rampantly transitory...

Just picked up 2 containers of AHC fluid from Amazon for a fluid change. Most places are listing it as discontinued, with a newer type available in 1-litre containers... also discontinued.
Anyone have options with better-than-liquid-gold pricing?

Screenshot (109).jpg

I just did the AHC fluid replacement and got it right from my dealer. I'm sure it was not Bezos pricing but you can get it. There was no mention of difficulty. This was my local Toyo place.

Dont buy it on Amazon. Get it from a dealer (Toyota). It’s usually about $40ish for the 2.5l can from the places they dont charge full MSRP. The 1L cans are most likely discontinued. If you find a dealer with them, I’d skip them. They may not be bad, but there’s a good chance they are.. or at least a better chance than the 2.5l metal cans.

For example:

I ordered from mcgeorge. Three cans and it was overnighted. I paid for standard shipping but they overnighted. Well packaged.

Ordering from McGeorge now... Most online dealers list it as "Discontinued" because they won't ship liquids.

I tried buying from parts.toyota.com and local pickup from my local dealer- they won't honor any online discounts- so was ~$55/can.

Dont buy it on Amazon. Get it from a dealer (Toyota). It’s usually about $40ish for the 2.5l can from the places they dont charge full MSRP. The 1L cans are most likely discontinued. If you find a dealer with them, I’d skip them. They may not be bad, but there’s a good chance they are.. or at least a better chance than the 2.5l metal cans.

For example:

Great, thank you lx200inAR! That's a much better deal, even with shipping. Ordered. I didn't even try the dealerships in the LA area, prices are very high here.

Good price reference for anyone else doing AHC fluid replacement at this time. The shipping is to Los Angeles.

Screenshot_20230429_162044_Gmail.jpg

Last spring I bought directly through my local Toyota dealer. $40.50 per metal can. Dealer now does it’s not available. I’d be fearful if gel in an Amazon can. I don’t even order Toyota filters on there anymore. Too many scams or sub par parts. I just go direct or online from a dealer who will ship.

This week I got one 2.5L can from my local Toyota dealer for $34 and change, same as their online list price. I needed a little more and had to go next door to the Lexus dealer (same owner/network) and they could not price match and charged me something like $60-65 per 2.5L can. Parts desk guy expressed his frustration with not being able to price match since he had so many people asking, said he’d bring it up to his manager again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom