AHC fluid out of stock nationally, any ideas where else to get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

107 for two cans on amazon BUT they have not shipped yet. Thinking they may not at this point. I really hope this is just a temporary shortage but I suppose I will be looking more at swapping to a LC suspension now....

Did my flush and bleed today with the new 1lt bottle stuff.
My old fluid was watery grey. Now is nice and pink/reddish. I used 3.5lts to make sure I got all the old stuff out really good'
I drove my LX onto four cut pieces of 1"x6" to get that extra 1" off the ground, and it was perfect.
What a difference in sport and comfort mode.
My L to N is really good. But still having an issue with getting and staying in high. Going to look at the rear sensor when the weather gets better.

I've got one can just sitting in my garage. Wrecked my '07 LX a few years ago. No longer need it. Will ship to someone for $40.

I just bought an 00 LX. Is this bleeding procedure similar to a brake bleed? What are the signs i should look for that my system needs to be flushed? What about this fluid makes it different than a standard hydraulic fluid? Is there a guide somewhere on MUD that I can use to answer these questions?

Thanks and happy trails!

i found a place that sells the 2.5l for $30 a bottle plus shipping. but i still dont know if my 5 single liters is shipping from a different vendor and dont want to double order

I just bought an 00 LX. Is this bleeding procedure similar to a brake bleed? What are the signs i should look for that my system needs to be flushed? What about this fluid makes it different than a standard hydraulic fluid? Is there a guide somewhere on MUD that I can use to answer these questions?

Thanks and happy trails!

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your first post :) Good starting point, in the 100-Series Cruiser section, there is a 100-series FAQ thread with a ton of links to a wide assortment of topics.

Use only Toyota fluid in the AHC system. Shop around, you can pick up the fluid for $11 for the 1L container or under $40 for the 2.5L container.

Easier than a brake bleed. Post 4 in this thread, @PADDO has posted this numerous times in other threads. Considering it's a 17 year old vehicle and if you don't know that it's been replaced, I would replace it. Cheap to replace and ensure you have good fluid in the system.

Props to PADDO's AHC fluid replacement method!

I've had three emails this week with canceled orders saying it is out of stock and no longer being manufactured.
I am even having problems getting the smaller 1 liter bottles.

My local dealer says they have one bottle left of the old stuff, which I just bought. He shows the new PN available but wasn't sure how many he needed to order to get it from the warehouse. Sounds like a temporary lull in supply, to be replaced with new PN 08886-81221.

Slider35
Just started a conversation on me wanting your can of fluid.

Best regards

TLC Dan

Thanks and happy trails!

It looks like you got an answer on how to change the fluid in the system. It sounds like fluid might be difficult to find right now...

As for a guide to the AHC, I like this thread: Definitive list of AHC maintenance items

I made a synopsis w/in the thread: Definitive list of AHC maintenance items

Good luck!

Any Chem-Engineers out there?

What is the weight of the oil?

Can another cheaper and more readily available fluid be used?

Any Chem-Engineers out there?

What is the weight of the oil?

Can another cheaper and more readily available fluid be used?
I don't have AHC, so I have not followed that closely, but I thought the outcome of this was that it was just a change in packaging, therefore the P/N for the larger can was discontinued.

Edit:
08886-81221 is the current P/N

Last edited:
I just pick up another bottle the other day from my local Toyota parts guys.
Took a day to get it from the warehouse since they do t service alot of ahc here at the facility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom