AHC Fluid flush gone wrong... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Just bought a 2000 LX470 with 263K miles and wanted to baseline all the fluids. I picked up some AHC fluid from two different Toyota dealerships (Magnusson's in Palo Alto, and Capitol Toyota - CA San Jose) as it was really hard to find. I did the flush following PADDO's method along with

Everything went smoothly, and I got a lot of the old junk out and I was testing the AHC from low to high a couple times and it was working flawlessly and much quicker than it use to. But on the 3rd time it got stuck in low and would not go to N. I then tried to re-bleed all 5 points again in low and then it started getting worse, the AHC pump started making high pitched noises and now flashes OFF on the AHC dash controls...

I am a lost as the car is sitting very low and I have a trip coming up in two weeks... is there anyway I could get it to even sit back to N reliably?

I have a fear that it may be part of the Toyota recall / Jelly - bad AHC fluid / clogged up Pump or air in the system. The dealer at Magnusson said he was suppose to send back the fluid a couple weeks ago... Tempted to just buy regular suspension at this point...

VIDEO of the sound my AHC system makes -

Will also be going into the dealership Monday but I don't have high hopes they will help..

Did you end up finding a solution? I know some people have added AHC fluid through a fine mesh strainer to catch any of the gel.

Hey Guys,

Just bought a 2000 LX470 with 263K miles and wanted to baseline all the fluids. I picked up some AHC fluid from two different Toyota dealerships (Magnusson's in Palo Alto, and Capitol Toyota - CA San Jose) as it was really hard to find. I did the flush following PADDO's method along with

Everything went smoothly, and I got a lot of the old junk out and I was testing the AHC from low to high a couple times and it was working flawlessly and much quicker than it use to. But on the 3rd time it got stuck in low and would not go to N. I then tried to re-bleed all 5 points again in low and then it started getting worse, the AHC pump started making high pitched noises and now flashes OFF on the AHC dash controls...

I am a lost as the car is sitting very low and I have a trip coming up in two weeks... is there anyway I could get it to even sit back to N reliably?

I have a fear that it may be part of the Toyota recall / Jelly - bad AHC fluid / clogged up Pump or air in the system. The dealer at Magnusson said he was suppose to send back the fluid a couple weeks ago... Tempted to just buy regular suspension at this point...

VIDEO of the sound my AHC system makes -

Will also be going into the dealership Monday but I don't have high hopes they will help..

Im in the same boat I even strained it and my system is clogged. Were you able to find a solution? I’ve disassembled my pump but there aren’t any screens that I could find clogged. Im wondering if there’s anything else I can check before reinstalling.

I was able to get mine back up and running. I disassembled the pump and cleaned the tiny filters you have to look hard they are maybe on 3-5mm wide. There was two if I remember correctly. What helped is we bench bleed the motor by applying a power source backwards (negative to positive and positive to negative) this made the pump run in reverse and flush out the gel substance in my case. I reinstalled the pump and filled with new strained Ahc fluid and mine has been good so far. There are pics of people who have done it if you do some more searching on the forums.

I was able to get mine back up and running. I disassembled the pump and cleaned the tiny filters you have to look hard they are maybe on 3-5mm wide. There was two if I remember correctly. What helped is we bench bleed the motor by applying a power source backwards (negative to positive and positive to negative) this made the pump run in reverse and flush out the gel substance in my case. I reinstalled the pump and filled with new strained Ahc fluid and mine has been good so far. There are pics of people who have done it if you do some more searching on the forums.
What did you use to strain your AHC fluid?

What the other members on the fourm did. Mason jars with 3-5 layers of cheese cloth. What really helped was using a small funnel and guiding all the new fluid through the oem mesh strainer in the Ahc resivour which then caught some gel as well.

Thanks for the reply I’ve seen some posts for 570’s but I’ll keep searching.

What the other members on the fourm did. Mason jars with 3-5 layers of cheese cloth. What really helped was using a small funnel and guiding all the new fluid through the oem mesh strainer in the Ahc resivour which then caught some gel as well.
Man I’ve gone through cleaning my pump internals out 4x, replacing them with new and I’m still stuck with the whining pump. I’ve bleed and bleed with nothing but fresh clean fluid coming out and still no luck. Really thinking I’ll just rip it out at this point. It’s been down a couple weeks waiting on parts and even with the new pump internals I get no lift. Really sucks because it was working fine. That’s what I get for doing PM lol

Man I’ve gone through cleaning my pump internals out 4x, replacing them with new and I’m still stuck with the whining pump. I’ve bleed and bleed with nothing but fresh clean fluid coming out and still no luck. Really thinking I’ll just rip it out at this point. It’s been down a couple weeks waiting on parts and even with the new pump internals I get no lift. Really sucks because it was working fine. That’s what I get for doing PM lol
Dude... I know that feeling. It was a week before my big trip to death valley and I chose to flush the fluid beacuse that just what we do haha when we get a used vehicle. And it was stuck in low with the whine... I fear that the gunk possibly made it past your filters and into the lines and globes themselves... I think my usecase was very specific. I dumped the new fluid into the resivour without the oem filter and without much caution. When i pulled the Ahc motor and dumped the resivour out, the resivour intake was chock full of the junk which in turn is what I think saved my system because it all got stuck in that one place at the intame vs being thin enough and spreading through out the system. And eventually clogging the line somewhere. If bench bleeding and pulling the motor with new parts doesn't work I think pulling the trigger on some nice suspension is not the worse thing in the world. I mean these are 20 year old trucks with old systems and buying a 1500 dollar brand new suspension kit that can be relied on maybe better in the long run. How many miles are on your truck? Did you just get it as well?

Dude... I know that feeling. It was a week before my big trip to death valley and I chose to flush the fluid beacuse that just what we do haha when we get a used vehicle. And it was stuck in low with the whine... I fear that the gunk possibly made it past your filters and into the lines and globes themselves... I think my usecase was very specific. I dumped the new fluid into the resivour without the oem filter and without much caution. When i pulled the Ahc motor and dumped the resivour out, the resivour intake was chock full of the junk which in turn is what I think saved my system because it all got stuck in that one place at the intame vs being thin enough and spreading through out the system. And eventually clogging the line somewhere. If bench bleeding and pulling the motor with new parts doesn't work I think pulling the trigger on some nice suspension is not the worse thing in the world. I mean these are 20 year old trucks with old systems and buying a 1500 dollar brand new suspension kit that can be relied on maybe better in the long run. How many miles are on your truck? Did you just get it as well?
I’ve had mine about a year and I like it. I’m definitely leaning toward replacing it with conventional suspension. I’m not looking to spend anymore on trying to get the AHC working. I posted on the lx Facebook group just to see if anyone has any ideas I haven’t tried yet. We’ll see.

You should have left the oem strainer in there while you filled the reservoir with new ahc fluid on your first try and maybe then u won't have a problem. Why did you decide to take out the oem strainer? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Hello Dear @PADDO
hope you are doing well . Need your help.

I am using 2011 Land cruiser ZX , Frame - URJ202 .
After Flushing the AHC fluid , vehicle ride becomes really Uncomfortable .
**COMF mode - Vehicles feels it's floating on springs.
I have changed Accumulator Glove . it's still same . There is no Torsion Bar to adjust the damping .

Can you give me any suggestions to re-calibrate the AHC system .

here i didn't found any Thread or discussion on URJ202 model .

thanks .

Hello Dear @PADDO
hope you are doing well . Need your help.

I am using 2011 Land cruiser ZX , Frame - URJ202 .
After Flushing the AHC fluid , vehicle ride becomes really Uncomfortable .
**COMF mode - Vehicles feels it's floating on springs.
I have changed Accumulator Glove . it's still same . There is no Torsion Bar to adjust the damping .

Can you give me any suggestions to re-calibrate the AHC system .

here i didn't found any Thread or discussion on URJ202 model .

thanks .
A 2011 URJ202 is a "200 series" model. You are more likely to find AHC information relevant to you in the IH8MUD "200 series" forum -- suggest start at frequently asked questions on AHC near the beginning of that forum. The AHC system and suspension on Land Cruiser 200 and Lexus LX570 are much the same -- but they are very different to the AHC system and suspension on Land Cruiser 100 and Lexus LX470 as discussed in this "100 series" forum.

A 2011 URJ202 is a "200 series" model. You are more likely to find AHC information relevant to you in the IH8MUD "200 series" forum -- suggest start at frequently asked questions on AHC near the beginning of that forum. The AHC system and suspension on Land Cruiser 200 and Lexus LX570 are much the same -- but they are very different to the AHC system and suspension on Land Cruiser 100 and Lexus LX470 as discussed in this "100 series" forum.
Thank you for giving me a lead to search the information .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom