AHC failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

I am new on this forum and wish to get your support regarding a well known issue on LC100...
My LC100 (4.2 from 2006 with 350K KM) drops down (front side only) then returns back to normal position instantly (3-4 seconds where I can hear the compressor running)...
It happens 3-4 times per hour and the riding became really rubbish (bumpy and very hard suspension, no control from Confort-Sport switch)...
I have no leak in the hydraulic circuit. The Hi-Lo switch is working: ok.
I went though different posts in this forum and found valuable information regarding this kind of failure (love you guys for the contribution):
1- Rear height sensor seems to be the Achilles' tendon of the AHC system (the mine is not showing any trouble on Techstream but I've already ordered a new one)
2- The electric wiring may be melt due to exhaust leak (rear right suspension area)
3- Default may not be 100% deleted by Techstream (have to take out the AHC fuse for 15-20 minutes)

I will change the rear sensor then check the wiring and will let you know.

Any comments, suggestions are welcomed...

Many thanks

If you are using a TechStream, what are the pressures at the front Driver side and front passenger side?

Obviously, if you suspect damaged wiring, address that first. But, if the front is constantly trying to adjust, I would suspect something on the front suspension. Have you checked all of the connections on the front suspension? Are the front shocks showing any signs of leaking?

If your suspension is cycling that frequently, monitor the changes on your TechStream. I am suspecting a pressure drop somewhere on the front and that is causing your poor ride quality and constant suspension cycling. My first guess might be air in the system or maybe even an AHC globe that needs to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom