AHC failure, car stuck in LOW. drive or tow to the dealer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lost quite a bit of AHC fluid for a few days due to a rusty line. Got AHC failure error on the dash and the car is now stuck in low. Can I drive it to the shop or does it need to be towed? I'm about 30 miles from the dealership. TIA

When my 08 dumped it AHC fluid and was stuck in Low - I was able to drive it for a few days with no issues - till I traded it in for my current 2018.

Lost quite a bit of AHC fluid for a few days due to a rusty line. Got AHC failure error on the dash and the car is now stuck in low. Can I drive it to the shop or does it need to be towed? I'm about 30 miles from the dealership. TIA
I’d pick an off peak traffic window and drive to the dealer with caution.

Where is it leaking from? Above the rear cross member on DS?

It'll be on the bump stops. Without damping. Risks burning out the AHC pump motor.

I would get it flatbed towed.

Update: I was able to drive to the dealer with no issues. Hopefully the pump motor is still intact. I tried to keep it under 100kph where the AHC leveling kicks in.

The biggest risk is having the AHC pump run dry (lose priming) and activate; that can burn it out.

If driving in a situation like this, I'd double and triple check that all AHC-related functions are turned off. Flat-bedding would be the safer option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom