AHC ecu - how to replace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a 2008 model lx570 that has driver side lean that seems more than normal. Also when I’m driving the car and it gets around 60 mph the back end raises and lowers itself, doesn’t seem normal but could be wrong.

I’ve taken it into Sewell Lexus here in Fort Worth and they’ve had it for over three weeks and said they can’t fix it. They said they’ve tried adjusting the sensors, changing the offsets in the computer and even tried replacing one of the sensors. At this point they said they can’t do anything else for me and they can’t figure it out.

The driver front is 1” lower than the passenger front and the driver rear is 1.5” lower than passenger rear. Seems like a lot.

I’ve tried reading every thread and the only other thing I can think to do is replace the AHC ecu. I bought a used one and my question is can I simply unplug the battery, replace the AHC ecu, reconnect the battery and start it up and I’m good to go? Or is there something in the computer I’d also need to do and is there anything else I’m missing?

Thanks in advance and ready to get this ride more level.

What’s the status of the AHC fluid? Did the Lexus dealership change it out during that time?

They’ve flushed the AHC fluid a couple times but didn’t help.

Part of back story I forgot to mention. I did add some AHC fluid earlier this year that turns out should have been recalled and it took the AHC pump out. Dealer replaced it at no cost to me and flushed the fluid at that time. They’ve flushed it one more time after I brought it back because of the drivers lean.

I’d be surprised if changing the ecu has any effect, but to answer your question..yes it is plug and play. Just make sure it’s the exact same part number as there were a few different versions over the years.

You can adjust the sensors (loosen the nut, slide the sensor in the arm, tighten the nut) to level it out.
A combination of move into some up and others down should do it.

I had a pretty good front left low and rear right high, messed about with the height offset utility, but ended up just adjusting the physical sensors to even it out a my suspicion is that one of the previous owners many low speed accidents bent a sensor mount or arm in some way.

I’d be surprised if changing the ecu has any effect, but to answer your question..yes it is plug and play. Just make sure it’s the exact same part number as there were a few different versions over the years.
Thanks for the plug and play answer, it is what I’m looking for.

I’m also doubtful this will fix the problem but read one thread regarding another mid member and it ended up fixing his problem.

Worst case I’ll adjust the sensors myself. I’m picking it up from the dealership Monday and will adjust and report back.

Thanks for the plug and play answer, it is what I’m looking for.

I’m also doubtful this will fix the problem but read one thread regarding another mid member and it ended up fixing his problem.

Worst case I’ll adjust the sensors myself. I’m picking it up from the dealership Monday and will adjust and report back.
Hello, I have the same issue left rear lean of 1 inch. Did you fix your issue and what was the fix? Thanks

You need to manually adjust your hight sensors. Externally, not through techstream. Most Lexus dealerships leave a lot to be desired in reference to their understanding of the AHC system. They just don't work on them enough.

The adjustment at 65 is normal and a feature of your vehicle.

You need to manually adjust your hight sensors. Externally, not through techstream. Most Lexus dealerships leave a lot to be desired in reference to their understanding of the AHC system. They just don't work on them enough.

Got it, so I'll look for a thread on adjusting the sensor here. Thank you for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom