AHC delete or not to delete on 100 series overlanding build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes the rear coil springs of the 200 series is interchangeable with the 100 series. Conventional shock mounts and specs are also the same including upper and lower trailing arms. Basically the rear is identical on both models. Curious as to what spring rate for both models have.

Reactions: GTV
Yes the rear coil springs of the 200 series is interchangeable with the 100 series. Conventional shock mounts and specs are also the same including upper and lower trailing arms. Basically the rear is identical on both models. Curious as to what spring rate for both models have.

Thanks for confirming.
The google says a 200 LX weighs about 600 lbs more than a 100 LX, no idea what the f/r weight distribution is or how the AHC is balanced out but it seems like it’s worth a shot. I think I’ll grab a pair and see what happens.

I'm looking for all the wire harness housing (pig tails) blocks. i.e: For the pump. pressure sensor (both styles), temp sensor, high sensor(s), controller, accumulator, etc. Number one I need today, is for pump motor. I'm using these to make diagnostic tools.

If you're (or anyone) remove any or all. I can use them?

I'm also looking for the AHC ECu (under dash near IG SW)?

Anyone, please PM if you can help. Thanks!

First of all, David, nice looking rig man.

Secondly, I have to push back a little on this, as your Land Cruiser brother. When I was in Sooke's place a year ago, I kept hearing this "it works fine but if one component fails' argument and the "and then your stuck on a trail with a suspension that doesn't work" bit. It seems to be ubiquitously passed around in any forum that mentions AHC, but I've never understood the logic...

Yes, a part of the AHC system could fail, and you have a trail problem to solve.

But could one not also say that about many parts on your engine and your engine system as well? So do we "delete engines?" :)

Sorry, I had to get that in there for all the AHC lovers out there....
My friend drives a heavily modified Baja bug pretty much everywhere you can go in South Dakota. I’m amazed at the places he’s been able to keep up with the 4x4s, everywhere but the hardcore rock crawling. But he often says how grateful he is to have a spare engine in the rear trunk.

My friend drives a heavily modified Baja bug pretty much everywhere you can go in South Dakota. I’m amazed at the places he’s been able to keep up with the 4x4s, everywhere but the hardcore rock crawling. But he often says how grateful he is to have a spare engine in the rear trunk.

I'll refer everyone to the definitive opinion on this matter, so we can settle it once and for all:

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.07.54 AM.png

AHC delete or not to delete on 100 series overlanding build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ahc-delete-or-not-to-delete-on-100-series-overlanding-build.1277314/page-3#post-14314434

So my takeaways here are
  • I should probably replace all the AHC-related bushings
  • If I start loading weight onto the front or the rear, I should probably get some King springs?
However, I still have a few questions - I am considering getting a Chinesium (i.e. heavy) rear bumper with swing-out tire carrier plus jerry can storage
  • If I add weight and switch to King springs, should I get a non-AHC rear sway bar as well?
  • Should I look into swapping out the rear shocks too?

I’d avoid Chinesium bumpers, vibranium, adimantium, steel, or aluminum (aluminium) are much better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom