Agreed Upon Value Insurance for an 80 Series??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I recently moved to Atlanta and am wanting to insure my 80 with a new company that allows me to do "agreed upon value", since Allstate isn't able to do this. What insurance companies do you guys use that do an "agreed upon value"?

USAA will not.

Do you daily drive it? If not, have you considered Hagerty? I believe they do 'stated value' and keep it pretty cheap. Of course, you're limited in mileage and they probably won't want to talk to you if you roll it on a trail.

USAA will not.

Do you daily drive it? If not, have you considered Hagerty? I believe they do 'stated value' and keep it pretty cheap. Of course, you're limited in mileage and they probably won't want to talk to you if you roll it on a trail.

I do daily drive it the majority of the time, so Hagerty is out of the question unfortunately.

I use progressive for my stated value and pay out the ass for it. I also only have a 12 digit vin though.

I am using amica as their rate are good, not sure if they will do an agreed upon value as I just have liability on the 4runner

I ended up going with Travelers. I think it's expensive but fairly priced based on other prices I received. Ended up being insured for $15K so I'm happy.

Old post...

I have USAA and am trying to insure an 80 Series and a 40 Series with agreed upon value. USAA has an affiliate that they go through called American Collector's Insurance. They have initially agreed to my amounts but require photos. My question is, should I send photos of the 80 before modifications etc or does it matter? I didn't know if they would ask questions if they see lift, bumpers etc. I didn't say anything about it being used offroad, but I am limited to 2500 miles a year, which is fine because neither are DDs.

Old post...

I have USAA and am trying to insure an 80 Series and a 40 Series with agreed upon value. USAA has an affiliate that they go through called American Collector's Insurance. They have initially agreed to my amounts but require photos. My question is, should I send photos of the 80 before modifications etc or does it matter? I didn't know if they would ask questions if they see lift, bumpers etc. I didn't say anything about it being used offroad, but I am limited to 2500 miles a year, which is fine because neither are DDs.
They're mainly wanting to see pictures of the vehicle's current condition. If you add mods (and thus, value) then you should be able to call them back, make the adjustment, and pay whatever premium delta would exist.

FWIW, I had also tried setting up a policy with ACI byway of USAA. I ended up going with Hagerty and would make the same recommendation. I found Hagerty was easier to work with, they're glowingly recommended by all of my enthusiast car friends, and they'll take pretty much any car that lives in a garage. ACI, to me, was not as accommodating, didn't include a lot of the perks that Hagerty would, and they simply weren't willing to insure two of my vehicles. They would take my '86 El Camino, but not my restored 1991 560SEL or my 1-of-120 50k mile SC300.

There should be some carriers in your state that will specifically cover off-road vehicles. I would bet that both ACI and Hagerty would rather you not do trail driving. There's a local group near me called Country Financial that offers agreed-upon values and does not penalize for off-road damage. I was going to have my 100 written up with them for $60k but some admin issues (my fault, not theirs) prevented that.

They're mainly wanting to see pictures of the vehicle's current condition. If you add mods (and thus, value) then you should be able to call them back, make the adjustment, and pay whatever premium delta would exist.

FWIW, I had also tried setting up a policy with ACI byway of USAA. I ended up going with Hagerty and would make the same recommendation. I found Hagerty was easier to work with, they're glowingly recommended by all of my enthusiast car friends, and they'll take pretty much any car that lives in a garage. ACI, to me, was not as accommodating, didn't include a lot of the perks that Hagerty would, and they simply weren't willing to insure two of my vehicles. They would take my '86 El Camino, but not my restored 1991 560SEL or my 1-of-120 50k mile SC300.

There should be some carriers in your state that will specifically cover off-road vehicles. I would bet that both ACI and Hagerty would rather you not do trail driving. There's a local group near me called Country Financial that offers agreed-upon values and does not penalize for off-road damage. I was going to have my 100 written up with them for $60k but some admin issues (my fault, not theirs) prevented that.

Also would recommend Hagertys over ACI. ACI was great for a garaged Porsche I had (I’m 30+ years with USAA), but they proved to be a hassle with my 80 series. Hagertys was great and pragmatic, even with me keeping it off site from my house. Stuck with them for my 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom