AGR Performance Power Steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone with experience with the AGR system for an FJ40? Is this a good option? Welcome to AGR Perfomance, Inc.

I'm considering power steering for the '78 and undecided about what to do, and really don't want to do this one more than once. A local shop wants about $1,100 for parts and installation for the AGR power steering. Suppose to be super strong and reliable.

As a lightweight wheeler, I don't plan on running more than 33in tires. There is also a local junk yard with a 1980 Toyota 4X4 PU PS box available, and I could see doing the JTOutfitters kit. Power Steering Kit for Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 - JTOutfitters

I've searched and seen the FAQs about PS and have not seen anything on the AGR setup.

Anyone with experience with the AGR system for an FJ40? Is this a good option? Welcome to AGR Perfomance, Inc.

I'm considering power steering for the '78 and undecided about what to do, and really don't want to do this one more than once. A local shop wants about $1,100 for parts and installation for the AGR power steering. Suppose to be super strong and reliable.

As a lightweight wheeler, I don't plan on running more than 33in tires. There is also a local junk yard with a 1980 Toyota 4X4 PU PS box available, and I could see doing the JTOutfitters kit. Power Steering Kit for Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 - JTOutfitters

I've searched and seen the FAQs about PS and have not seen anything on the AGR setup.

I've been using their super pump for over 7 years on my FJ40 and am very happy with it. I've never had a problem with it. I run 33x10.50 tires and use a mid '80s mini truck 4x4 gear box with the flair fittings which I'm also happy with. I do not do any hard core rock crawling anymore so the setup meets my needs very well. If I were to install a GM gear box I would buy it from AGR as I'm very happy with their customer support. I also run their super pump on my GM turbo diesel. I got all of my brackets to mount the pump and gear box from Cruiser Solutions in Colorado. Their brackets are very stout. If you go with the mini truck gear box the entire install takes a little time but is not that difficult. The high pressure hose I had made by a company called Fleet Sales. They are located in a number of cities.

If you don't have the skillz to do the install yourself I would go the agr route. 1100 sounds about right for parts and install

If you don't have the skillz to do the install yourself I would go the agr route. 1100 sounds about right for parts and install

I hate to see a person spend 1,000 bucks and only need at mini-truck box for 33s and no locker. All you need to do, is buy the minitruck box mount, a mini truck pump, and you are ready to go. I don't think there is even any welding involved. I installed one once before and I think the only welding was when I made a new mount for the box.

Look in the club links and see if another Cruiser Head is local that could help you. It should cot you more than 250 max to do it yourself.

But if you want a Saginaw or 60 series, then 1,000 isn’t bad if you can't do it yourself, but please see if anyone can help you do this first.

I think that price is reasonable for the labor and parts. Yes mini truck is an option but I think the best option had is the saginaw pump and box. It's stronger, and less complicated. less moving parts, ball joints to service etc etc. I have a mini-truck unit and I would go saginaw if I had not bought all the stuff to do mini a long time back.
The newer sag pump and box are easy to replace and source. Less moving parts. part availability is greater. Go for it!!! Its the best thing you can add to your 78' I did and will never look back!

mini truck stuff sucks. no offense.

all that push pull garbage

do the saginaw and that way you arent doing things twice

Thanks for the info. PS conversions have alot of options, and I'm going to think on this one for a while longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom