Aftermarket Wiring Harnesses? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did the search.

Different question.

I am leaning to the EZWiring harness, and am a little concerned that they are using 125 degree-rated wire. This seems really low, given I live in an area that sees 100 degree days, not to mention the underhood temp.

Does this hold up, or should I sleeve it in the engine compartment?

Aren't wire temperature ratings usually in degrees Centigrade?

Heck, I don't know. If they are, then I'm not so worried.

I'll bet dimes to dollars it's Celcius and that you don't need to worry. I've seen one rating system for automotive wire with 4 classes - T1 (<85C), T2 (86-105C), T3 (106-125C), and T4 (126-150C). I also don't remember ever seeing a Fahrenheit rating printed on a wire (haven't looked at THAT many), but I've seen lots of Celsius ratings. I know sometimes high temperature automotive wire is rated in F, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

How do EZ harnesses compare with Painless in a 40?

I'm going with EZ after the research I did. I'm also on a budget and didn't see the extra value in Painless.

i got a harness from T-fab on pirate. i think he is on here too. it was about 200 and it has every wire you could ever need and everything is labeled. pm him or go to www.trentfabrication.com

actually now that im thinking about it i think the harness i got was cheaper but i dont really remember

I don't know about the EZ wiring but I've heard good mentions about it. When I rewired my cruiser I did the painless harness. THe product is well made, but the directions are vague to say the least. Fortunately I have a good back ground in wiring so it wasn't to bad for me. A novice would have problems.

I'm currently installing and EZ Wiring harness. Very easy. Directions are ok. It is taking me longer than I thought due to the tedious nature. I'm rtying to be pretty meticulous. I am heat shrinking all the connections and replacing all the ground wires as well. I can recommend the EZ wiring. Good luck.

TLCSKULLS said:
I'm currently installing and EZ Wiring harness. Very easy. Directions are ok. It is taking me longer than I thought due to the tedious nature. I'm rtying to be pretty meticulous. I am heat shrinking all the connections and replacing all the ground wires as well. I can recommend the EZ wiring. Good luck.

I have been wondering about EZ. Some of those electrical gremlins have been appearing lately.

Are you using the EZ12 or the 21?

Are you running a toyota column?

cruzerman350 said:
i got a harness from T-fab on pirate. i think he is on here too. it was about 200 and it has every wire you could ever need and everything is labeled. pm him or go to www.trentfabrication.com

The link says the website is under construction. If it is TLC-specific, I'm down

I am using the 21. I think I may not need it and have capped afew wires. I have power shocks, onboard air, CB and few other dodads and thought that more would be better. So far I'm happy w/ it.

I have been running the ez 21 for 3 or more years now. They will take the heat no prob. Must be centegrade. Get the extra fuses, you'll be happy you have them later. All wire harnesses are pretty much the same. Hard to go high tech wtih wires and a junction block. EZ labels their wires with words the whole length of the wire so its easy to know what the wire is at the end of it. They are GM color coded.

-Dustin

A friend of mine put in the painless last year, took two of them a week with lots of cursin going on. We put a new tub on it last month and he decided to go with the EZ 21 harness, the install went real slick and everything looks great. The second time is always better, but he said he couldn't see the extra money for the painless kit.

I put a Painless in an early Bronco a few years back. The EZ seems just about as easy to put in and way less $$. I am using a Toyota column. This is causing a little problem figuring out how to wire the hazzard/turn signals, but I'll get it figured out this week. The rest was really straight forward. All the harness wires are labeled and plenty long enough. I went to Waytech wire and bought a bunch of connectors, heat shrink, etc.

So would it be easier to yank the old one out first or put the new one paralel then yank it out when done? Thanks guys.

What the different between EZ21 and EZ Mini20 other than the size? Thanks for your info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom