aftermarket vs oem emblems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As part of the LC restoration, I want to put on new emblems, namely the rear sides and back. there appear to be the stick on aftermarket emblems and the oem ones with the pins. Is there any advantage to having a stick on emblem vs the pins, in terms of keeping the holes protected from water etc? when I pulled off my old ones, the holes were starting to rust. I was even thinking about just filling the holes prior to painting and then sticking on the new aftermarket emblems. I've seen the side emblems with sticky tape, is there a rear 4WD aftermarket emblem?

Any words of wisdom??
:cheers:

the OEM emblems look OEM, the stick on.........look like stick on.

Dab a bit of silicon in the holes or something.

silicon is a good idea. I've never actually looked at the aftermarket emblems, so I have no reference. But, I suppose if they're anything like most of the aftermarket stuff out there, they're probably cr*p. and you're right, it is a cruiser, no sense in going half a**. appreciate the replies

starting to rust after nearly 20 years? use the original and after another 20 years it'll be time for another rebuild.

hmmmm... good point!

:cheers:

I have the Stick ons for the side apron and they look fine. I bought the OEM for the two rear emblems because the non OEM looked cheap.

used the CCOT rear quarter panel emblems and the 4WD emblem on the tailgate (both with pins) and they look identical to the original. this was about a year ago and unless their supplier has changed, i'd say try the CCOT offerings, you'll be happy.

they weren't too expensive either, especially when you compare costs with Toyota.....

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom