aftermarket skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've decided that although Toyota engineered most everything quite well, someone drank a large glass of stupid when it came to building the fj60 skid plate. Mine is now cracked in half and now my buddy can jump on it and the whole thing bends to the floor. Now THAT's protection :D. Anyway, I'll be fabbing up a new one here pretty quick, (this week) and was thinking that If I'm going to be going to all the work of designing and building one, I might as well make a jig so I can make more. The goal is to have a replacement skidplate that will take the weight of the vehicle, not allowing that t-case to crash down and become a load bearing structure. All of the access holes will be in the same locations, it will be constructed out of steel and come painted flat black shipped from Tempe, Arizona. Who wants one? I'll set the cost at $150, not including shipping. I'll get pics up asap. You can reach me at blainefj60@yahoo.com.

Blaine-When you fab this send me a picture. You are right about the factory skid plate-it's a joke. I got a killer skid for my FJ40 but it had to be custom because of some mods. I would like something similar for my FJ60.

Hey, I'm trying to get a friend's digital camera to get pics, The skidplates are going to be made out of 1/4" plate, so they should be plenty strong.

I tried to post the pictures, but they were too large. I did NOT include access holes for the skidplate, and I didn't include a catalytic convertor skidplate on mine. I would be more than happy to make one up for someone. Email me for the pics, and let me know if you want one.
blainefj60@yahoo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom