Aftermarket sheetmetal

Looking for any opinion, good, bad, beautiful or ugly, on experiences with the stuff. Mainly hoods and fenders for mid to late eighties trucks/4R's.

Whether you bought, installed, body worked, painted it or threw it in the dumpster, I'd like to hear about it. Locating good used OE stuff these days is becoming a real challenge. Personally, I hate having to go A/M but it' looking more and more like where I'm heading. TIA.

Yes I'd like to hear the same. I know a honey hole here in Phoenix but the guy is no longer answering texts or calls 🤷‍♂️

pappy

photosynthesizing
Speaking for a Gen1 4R. I've heard that aftermarket fenders do not fit well. Running into the same problem as the OP, I bought an aftermarket driver's side fender from a local body shop. The fit was not very good. Several of the holes/bolts didn't line up very well. Overall fit just seems a little bit off. I also replaced the passenger side fender with a boneyard OEM. The passenger fender bolted up perfect.

That said, I also need to accept the fact that I believe the truck was in a collission before I bought it, driver's side. It's possible the truck's body alignment was off too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom