aftermarket seats

Hello, I have a 76 FJ-40, with stock seats, I am looking for good all weather aftermarket seats, any good suggestions?

This has been gone over a million times I think but I can tell you geo tracker seats are almost a bolt in for the backs. Otherwise you're going to have to do some work for the fronts but most skinny (honda or the likes) seats will fit with some work.

I have a 76 too and have been wanting to put some taller seats. Texican put some that he got from a Monterro (I think) but he had to do some minor mods.

They are really cool seats though, and I'm thinking of doing the same.

My 2 scents is..... find seats that feel good to you and fit your body and use those. Almost all seats can be adapted to fit with a little cutting, bending and welding. Never met a honda seat I didn't like though... they all feel good. I presently have celica, scion, and 4 runner seats in my 40's.

From there look for a good all weather cover. Wet Okoles feel good but tend to fade in the sun and they will tear. I just had a set sewn for my celica seats by Great Covers (gtcovers.com) in colorado. I got a pvc backed nylon material in the "fall camo" color and they look and feel great.... Same material as Specters "tuff duck" covers only with a layer of foam added in.

Top Bottom