Aftermarket Seats for 100s (3 Viewers)

Do you like the 100 seats?

• Super comfy!

• They work.

• Feels like a knife in the back!

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E46 M3 seats are the worst of any M3 IMO...

I want to use the e38 seats Jonathan Ward does in his builds, but I'll never go through with it, lol.
Ill sell them then haha

I'll likely rebuild the stock seats. I need to find a reputable shop that sells leather seat cover replacements.

Throw us a bone folks!!! Please!!!!!

109849547_medium_1494364166.jpg

I’ve got 4 Scheelmanns in my LX and think they’re great. I’ve had Recaros & Koenig seats in my previous cars and these are as comfortable as those for sure.
Hey @bridgeburner …I just ordered 2 Vario Scheel-Mann seats for my ‘04 LX, as well. Question, how did you deal with the airbag sensor issue that seems to be coming-up, after the swap …?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated🤞

Hey @bridgeburner …I just ordered 2 Vario Scheel-Mann seats for my ‘04 LX, as well. Question, how did you deal with the airbag sensor issue that seems to be coming-up, after the swap …?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated🤞
As far as I know the harness was simply unplugged with no issues. Mine is a 00 so very few airbags as is.

Has anyone installed Recaro's into a 100-series? I have a set from a B6 Audi S4, and saw pics of them installed in an 80-series, but couldn't find anything about a 100.

Has anyone installed Recaro's into a 100-series? I have a set from a B6 Audi S4, and saw pics of them installed in an 80-series, but couldn't find anything about a 100.

I actually just installed a set of those seats into my 100 a few weeks ago. I couldn't find much information about them either so I just made my own mounting brackets out of 3/16" steel. They honestly fit very snugly and are a drastic improvement over the factory seats.

Has anyone with an airbag equipt seat had any issues/lights when replacing the seats?

The easiest way to install these aftermarket seats is to just use Planted brackets for the front seats. That is what I did.
You might have some posts detailing it, but I didn't see them when I looked (albeit quickly).

How are those Expert M's working for you? You miss the captain chair arm rest at all?

You might have some posts detailing it, but I didn't see them when I looked (albeit quickly).

How are those Expert M's working for you? You miss the captain chair arm rest at all?

I am loving the seats. I was looking at the Scheels as a solution. It was going to run me about $2300 a seat though. While I was considering the Scheels, a set of 2 brand new Recaro Expert Ms came up on CL for $1600 for both. I couldn't say no. I would really prefer to have the arm rest. I will settle for not having it given the difference in cost. This is specially true because there is still no height adjustment on either the Recaros or the Scheels. I am about 6'1" and the stock seats always made me feel like I was sitting too high even when they were adjusted as low as they would go. The Recaros with the Planted brackets sit lower than stock and I love it. It finally feels like I am more connected to the truck. My hair also no longer touches the headliner when there is a lot of static electricity! 😂 The side bolster support on the trails is really fantastic. It is so much better than with the stock seats. I also find that I prefer cloth seats now. They grip better, stay warmer in the winter and stay cooler in the summer.

I am loving the seats. I was looking at the Scheels as a solution. It was going to run me about $2300 a seat though. While I was considering the Scheels, a set of 2 brand new Recaro Expert Ms came up on CL for $1600 for both. I couldn't say no. I would really prefer to have the arm rest. I will settle for not having it given the difference in cost. This is specially true because there is still no height adjustment on either the Recaros or the Scheels. I am about 6'1" and the stock seats always made me feel like I was sitting too high even when they were adjusted as low as they would go. The Recaros with the Planted brackets sit lower than stock and I love it. It finally feels like I am more connected to the truck. My hair also no longer touches the headliner when there is a lot of static electricity! 😂 The side bolster support on the trails is really fantastic. It is so much better than with the stock seats. I also find that I prefer cloth seats now. They grip better, stay warmer in the winter and stay cooler in the summer.

Great feedback - thanks!

Side note: I like cloth too, but nobody seems to have a cloth seat that is tan/brown (in this category) except Scheel... The Recaro Expert M's I'd need to get leather seats.

Great feedback - thanks!

Side note: I like cloth too, but nobody seems to have a cloth seat that is tan/brown (in this category) except Scheel... The Recaro Expert M's I'd need to get leather seats.
That makes sense. It would certainly be nice to have more color options. Mine are grey with a stock tan interior. At first I wasn't sure, but it actually grew on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom