Aftermarket (RuffStuff) Diff Fill Plug (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I intend to weld up the drain holes on my diff/axle housings as i keep bashing them on the rocks and unthreading the plugs. With my 60 when i did this I just used a lower stud to drain oil. I'm thinking about welding in these diff fill plugs sold by RuffStuff. I'd want to position them where I can get a hose down into the bottom to suck out the old oil.
Thoughts?

Anything wrong with these type of diff plugs? They shouldn't really get banged up and won't require the cutting out and welding work required for the ruffstuff. They look like good plugs, but these other ones seem like another good option. It's what I just put in as well.
1666725266395.png

You missed what I'm trying to accomplish... I want to eliminate the DRAIN hole/plug and having a much larger FILL plug would allow me to insert a hose down into the bottom of the diff housing to suck out old gear oil. The existing fill plug is fine for filling but too small to use to suck oil out.

You missed what I'm trying to accomplish... I want to eliminate the DRAIN hole/plug and having a much larger FILL plug would allow me to insert a hose down into the bottom of the diff housing to suck out old gear oil. The existing fill plug is fine for filling but too small to use to suck oil out.
ah ok gotcha, sorry I missed that part. I thought it was just that you were banging up the diff plugs was your reasoning for eliminating it, so I figured if there was a better option you wouldn't have to eliminate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom