aftermarket reverse light switch question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought an aftermarket reverse switch for my 78 40 from JT outfitters because the wires on my OEM one broke off. The aftermarket ones are longer, I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem, has anyone come across this?

It should not be an issue.

Secure them so they do not rub on anything, hook them up, verify functionality, and call it good.

:meh:

Thank you, Poser

x2 I bought an aftermarket switch for mine too and it was longer but no problems and works fine. That area in the tranny is fairly deep so there is room.

x2 I bought an aftermarket switch for mine too and it was longer but no problems and works fine. That area in the tranny is fairly deep so there is room.
Cool! I put mine in no problems.

Ok, I spoke too soon. I didn't try to shift after I installed the switch. I had to back the swich off considerably in order to shift. Not sure what to do other then fill the space with washers. I have pics of the OEM, the aftermarket, the space between the threads and the case when it's at the right spot in order to shift, and a pic of looking into the hole. What do you think?
reverse 4.jpg
reverse 3.jpg
reverse 2.jpg

down in the hole, while in reverse.
reverse s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom