Aftermarket Radio Help - Alpine ILX-W650 Bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, trying to update my '88 FJ62's stereo system but running into some issues with the Alpine unit and hoping there might be some audio guys in here that can help. The Alpine ILX-W650 does not allow you to operate the Bluetooth functions while moving and require a hardwire into your parking brake to ensure you're stopped. Great for safety, highly frustrating for using Bluetooth. Bought a bypass on Amazon from a very reputable seller/maker and installed it as I thought correct but the Bluetooth functions are still "greyed" out on my screen and I cannot select them. I also have the Alpine KTA 450 amp wired in the system. The bypass' wires colors are blue for remote, black for ground, blue/yellow for parking brake, yellow/black for foot brake. I connected the bypass per those connections (with the exception of the footbrake because this unit does not have that wire so its capped) and still no Bluetooth availability. Not sure if the amp being wired into the remote connection as well is causing the issue. Can someone take a look at my wiring and let me know what I've done wrong because I am simply stumped here?

Here is a video of the way I've wired this in and some photos:

VIDEO FOR BYPASS WIRING

IMG_5470.jpg
IMG_5469.jpg

Bluetooth functions or tv dvd function. Never heard of Bluetooth not working while driving thats what its there for.

Did you get this fixed. I’m just now browsing post and I have the same setup but my Bluetooth and CarPlay work great. If you still have issues I can crack mine open and look at wires.

Did you get this fixed. I’m just now browsing post and I have the same setup but my Bluetooth and CarPlay work great. If you still have issues I can crack mine open and look at wires.
Yes, I ended up taking to audio professionals to have them figure it out. They got it sorted out. Sounded like there was a grounding issue and even took them all day to get it squared away haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom