Aftermarket radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
I am thinking about replacing the radiator in my '94LC with an aftermarket 4row radiator. This should help in an extremely hot weather and stop and go traffic. What do you all think? The company said it will fit right in without any bracket mod. Thanks.

IIRC the early FZJ80 brass radiator is supposed to be the cat's meow.

What I really want to know is where you got that 07 FJ Cruiser in your sig, pics please :rolleyes:;p

firetruck41 said:
IIRC the early FZJ80 brass radiator is supposed to be the cat's meow.

What I really want to know is where you got that 07 FJ Cruiser in your sig, pics please :rolleyes:;p
Sorry firetruck41, pictures won't be ready till next year. :D

FJ809496TLC said:
I am thinking about replacing the radiator in my '94LC with an aftermarket 4row radiator.

It might help and it might fit.

The concensus is that for a normally aspirated engine the OEM cooling system is very much up to the task. A properly functioning stock 93-94 radiator is all you should need and it fits. Guaranteed.

-B-

AND!!!

Beo inadvertently forgot to mention the rest of a proper functioning cooling system. Thermostat! Water pump! Fan clutch! And a clean a/c condenser!

Don't fall for those sexy, shiny, pricey aftermarket jobbies! CDan can set you up with a nice new rad, and if you flush, fill with the pink stuff, and confirm all other bits are in good working order, you'll be exchanging heat like...like...gah! No funky similies come to mind. Well, you get the idea... :grinpimp:

Thanks for all the replies. I will stick with OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom