Aftermarket Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to start buying some basic aftermarkets parts as wondering who you guys prefer for quality and service. Been look at both CCOT and Cruiser Corps, who should I be buying from and do either provide a mud discount?

There are many suppliers of aftermarket parts, each one having their own niche. Everyone of them will have a bad review or two by someone who is unhappy with their service. What is true, however, is that any company that has survived more than five years probably has many times more positive critiques than negative.
Buy what you want and make your own judgements because as the saying goes... " the squeaky wheel gets the oil." even if it's not deserving

Looking for bolts, screws, seals, door handle and cheaper odds and ends.

There is someone in classifieds selling nuts and bolts (JIS) at a pretty good price. I got mine from a local fastener supplier we use at work, so I don't know anything about this guy...except he has a decent deal.

I have had good dealings with cruiser corps on some parts. Ordered wrong parts from the JT outfitters place and was able to exchange with out a problem.

I used this place for all my yellow zinc parts. Its not JIS so if head size it of super importance, they are more limited. Great deals and have all new bolts in my rig. I did use the OEM stuff for motor mounts and flywheel and the such.

CCOT makes great stuff, just know any thing you get, as in replacement body parts as I did, is going to require some modifications. Plan on doing some tweaking to fit your individual needs and you won't be nearly as frustrated. I wish I had learned that earlier on in my build.

Good look.

Just be careful - there are a few distributors that do not have a good reputation around here. The guys over at Cruiser Corps are great, they are my first choice. I have had good luck with CCOT, but not so much with some others. Don't forget you can still get a lot of parts from Toyota. There's actually a thread floating around here listing parts that are still available through Toyota with part numbers.

Good luck,
Jonny

For seals and door handles I would get from the dealer. You CAN get them cheaper there than you can from any of the normal outlets. You don't pay shipping and get them next day most of the time.

If you can not get a deal at your local dealer, try CDan on 'Mud. He seems to get people good deals on OEM parts.

Shawn

Last edited:
CDan is the man for OEM parts....I have bought a bunch of weatherstripping from him for my Hardtop and his prices are less than MFE and Spector for the same parts.

I would be very careful buying weatherstripping from the aftermarket companies. From the reviews here on MUD, they are not worth the hassle.

Nuts and bolts...Find a good Fastenal. The bolt kits at the aftermarket webstores are nothing special...take the bolts that you need with you and the Fasenal crew will find all of the stuff for you (usually 50 in a bag). It never hurts to have spares.

If you need almost everything in bolts, there is a guy here on MUD selling the entire package for like $200 (Zinc Coated)

Otherwise, I have had good experiences with Cruiser Solutions, they have some stuff that no one else seems to have.

I just ordered the JiS Kit from the gentleman on here. I ordered the gold cad and am so far very please with the kit as I'm using it on the 73 build I'm in...

Ccot is ok, just that their emblems suck. I'm not very happy with their emblems. Also be warned that they will double charge your account until the original(lesser amount) drops off which takes about 4 or 5 days.

Dealer is the way to go if at all possible, no experience with C-Dan but highly suggested.

No real experience with anyone else. Best of luck!

Toyota OEM- first choice
Cruiser Corps- second choice
Cruiser Solutions- third choice

CCOT- Last option for me, disappointed me in the past

just my own opinion

Try the dealer first, establish a relationship with one of the parts people and work with them to get the right stuff. You'd be amazed what's still available from Toyota (fenders and fuel tanks for instance) and the prices are usually cheaper than most aftermarket.

I like Specter Off Road (they have damn near everything, not the cheapest but I've never been disappointed with their quality). Can't speak of Cruiser Corps or Cruiser Solutions, never used them but I plan to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom