Aftermarket parts in China? What would you get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a sister who has been in China for a couple years. She is coming back to the states soon and has offered to bring me something.

What should I ask for?:hmm:

I was thinking about some fender flares.

Id get the big pocket style cut-out flares. Or one of those cool tech fiberglass hoods I have seen... although, those may be in japan, not china.

I wouldn't ask for anything from China for my truck. Definitely not anything that would compromise the integrity of my truck. Now if she was in Japan there is all sorts of cool stuff.

I was thinking about some fender flares.

My sister went to China and all I got were these dumbass fender flares :flipoff2:

Just out of curiosity, how is she going to find this stuff? I think you should get a large Buddha.

How about an entire vehicle? The Land King! :lol:

16.jpg

informationjunky said:
From what I understand. Lots of automakers have plants in China now. The above link shows a 100 series and a prado that I saw in Shanghai and Beijing. I was surprise that I saw LOTS of 100 series.

This is very true. Why wouldn't they? China is the worlds largest auto market...makes the US look like peanuts.

Toyota makes the 200 and Prado there for the Chinese market only (no export).

I

I saw some pretty nice looking curtains in the windows of several 80s photographed somewhere in the west of China.

I'm sure the quality would be much higher than our current ones -- which I made by hot-gluing landscape fabric with a few other pieces of junk I found in my shop and garage:wrench::hillbilly:

Interesting. My sister has been in China for a year and she gets back in two months. Subscribed.

Hi Atoyot1031,
Everything the Chinese manufacture is here. No, don't tell her bring the fenders. Cause they haven't got any brackets inside for you to stick to the car body. But you ask her if she can find those nice thick (about 4') side window deflectors. Otherwise, not much to get from there. They produce everything you may need but the quality is crap.

From what I understand. Lots of automakers have plants in China now. The above link shows a 100 series and a prado that I saw in Shanghai and Beijing. I was surprise that I saw LOTS of 100 series.

I am sure that's true. You can also buy cars in Detroit, but I wouldn't send my sister there to source parts :flipoff2:

You guys want to buy some real TOYOTA parts in China better have some local friends or know the right channels. I came from there so I know the market. And I can say that China is probably one of the biggest market of 80 an 100, but not for 200 now since the gov and army had already purchased the 100 several years ago. Toyota has at least 3 factories there and 200 is now made in Chuangchun.

I went back to China last month and want to buy a pair of sun visors for my 80. The Japanese made ones cost much less than in the US, and the Chinese made ones cost like nothing. A toyota cargo van uses the same sun visor as 80s. Off course I want the Japanese ones but I was told they don't have any in stock due to the earthquake in Japan.

To make it short, if you really want to find some real and good deal, you better find someone like cDan in China.

I am sure that's true. You can also buy cars in Detroit, but I wouldn't send my sister there to source parts :flipoff2:

Interesting that the cheapest flights on Delta are thru Detroit. Seems the big 3 have so many plants around Shanghai that they send their people back and forth to it helps keep the flight prices down. yep buy american cars (with parts made in china).

Lots of VW's made in china also.

Aftermarket parts.... nothing.

now if she can find a cool JDM 80 to pull parts off of.

I try to not use Chinese made anything when at all possible.

Doesn't really have anything to do with quality more so of their shady business and financial practices to under inflate their currency.

How about an entire vehicle? The Land King! :lol:

16.jpg

Lord... That is the Fuqi if IIRC... A strange looking knockoff of the 80 with some 100 series style inspirations...:hmm::hmm:

Personally, I am not a fan. But it might be considered as a non critical parts source... That list is not that long either :hillbilly:

My sister went to China and all I got were these dumbass fender flares :flipoff2:

Just out of curiosity, how is she going to find this stuff? I think you should get a large Buddha.

She was gonna get me a Obama/Mao shirt which is pretty funny. I have to send her pics of what I want. She used to work for the US/Chinese trade delegation in DC, then moved to Beijing. I hope she's got some kind of connections. Anyways, I thought it would be cool to get something for the cruiser that I can't get here.:meh:

Nay, you going to CM? We're gonna show up in Moab Friday, but aren't registered due to other trips and travel plans...

Nay, you going to CM? We're gonna show up in Moab Friday, but aren't registered due to other trips and travel plans...

I wish - I fractured my leg (tibial plateau fracture) skiing over Spring Break. And then got a blood clot in my lower leg from the injury...I won't be able to wheel until at least mid-July due to the anti-coagulant meds (the whole hit your head and bleed to death internally thing). :frown:

OK, too much information :hillbilly:

Personally I have enjoyed this setup....Thanks MOT;)...but again, Japan:doh:
IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg

I wish - I fractured my leg (tibial plateau fracture) skiing over Spring Break. And then got a blood clot in my lower leg from the injury...I won't be able to wheel until at least mid-July due to the anti-coagulant meds (the whole hit your head and bleed to death internally thing). :frown:

OK, too much information :hillbilly:

Maybe I need to teach you how to ski. You know we have four mountains here including Aspen Highlands (with some of the best steeps in the world), but I think Buttermilk might be more up your alley. :flipoff2:

BTW, I did a compound tib/fib skiing in 2000, no fun.

Personally I have enjoyed this setup....Thanks MOT;)...but again, Japan:doh:
View attachment 517659

View attachment 517660

View attachment 517661

Those are sweet, but I rarely open my windows; too cold during the winter, and I use the AC in summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom