Aftermarket oil pump... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rebuilding a 1FZ for a 96 LX and bought an aftermarket oil pump, not sure why but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Anyhow when I got it it looked pretty perfect except for the groove that goes around the mounting service isn't there. So wanted thoughts on using this in it's absence, I'm 50/50 on using it at this point.
20210915_184743.jpg

You bought a timing cover which comes with the pump shaft. Had no idea aftermarket would even bother with this. Odd.
I'm surprised too. machine shop asked if I wanted an oil pump, didn't even think about it, just said yes and now I have this.

More and more I'm second guessing installing it, with no groove it doesn't give much for the FIPG to fix itself to.

There are only three o-rings that are used for the TC. Two round and one small shaped o-ring.

*groove probably isn't the right term but wasn't sure how to describe it

Ok gotcha. Here is my take:
* it’s not OEM so I wouldn’t use it

That being said, the oil passages are covered by the o-rings. The rest doesn’t see an oil bath. It’s just open space for the timing guides and chain.

In dealing with 25-35 year old Toyotas and customers bringing me aftermarket parts all of the time, this suspiciously looks to be OEM quality. I've seen basically all aspects of the aftermarket spectrum, and this looks really good if it were a chinesium copy. I would suspect this to be an Aisin part and be a direct sell from the manufacturer without going through Toyotas channels. Looking forward to hearing what you find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom