1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket OBD II, CARB Catalytic Converter

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by MSGGrunt, Aug 15, 2006.

1. MSGGrunt

MSGGrunt

I am in the process of replacing my 1997's stock exhaust with a custom 3" stainless steel system. I will be using a Magnaflow polished SS 6" round 3" inlet and outlet muffler and a single new cat to replace the two factory cats.

I have researched Magnaflows web site and I am still unclear what cat I need. I know it will be a 3" in and out.

I see they offer OBD II CARB cats, OBD II, and just universal cats with no mention to either OBD II or CARB. I don't feel I need to spend the added money for the CARB cat but, is there a difference between a OBD II cat and just a universal cat?

2. MSGGrunt

MSGGrunt

I just got my answer. All Magnaflow cats are OBD II compliant. I went with Magnaflow Stainless Steel 3" inlet 3" outlet cat part number 94009 and a 7" round 3" inlet 3" outlet muffler part number 14719. It cost a very reasonable $128.94 with shipping from performancepeddler.com.

3. 66fj40x2

66fj40x2

Media:
    Albums:
    Are you using the stock routing of the pipe? Good prices .... I've found my '93 need a new exhaust and the MagnaFlow stiff is nice

Does anyone make a kit for the 80's?

4. Slomo

Slomo It's Complicated

The only kit I have seen is a Borla cat back. About $430 depending on where you get it. FYI It routes like factory and exits the rear corner still, in case you plan to wheel it.

5. MSGGrunt

MSGGrunt

I plan on routing it up over the frame out of harms way. I have the extra room as I just finished installing a 2" body lift. www.performance peddler.com was the best prices I could find and they took the time to discuss and look-up different cats to find just the right one.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">