Aftermarket LED taillights, is a resistor needed? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The previous owner put these taillights on, and they work great. However using the turn signal will cancel cruiser control. I've lived with this just fine, I'm not a fan of cruise control.

However I've also had a problem where when using my turn signal, when the light comes on, I can feel a drop in power. It's most noticeable on the highway, and if I'm accelerating it's extremely pronounced. Can this be due to the LEDs' unrestricted power draw? Would adding a resistor fix this issue? If yes, is there a plug-and-play option that works with our harness for electrical dum-dums like me?

I must suck at searching, I can't find something similar. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

LED draw much less power than your OEM lights. Also changing the lights, even remove the lights should not do anything to your drive train. I would say you may have much bigger trouble than you thought. change everything back to OEM and test to make sure the wiring harness are not messed up.

"using the turn signal will cancel cruiser control" also concerns me. it should not happen unless the wires are damaged or shorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom