Aftermarket Keyless/alarm pnp adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lutz Auto

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I recently made a plug and play adapter to adapt the stock RS3000 in my LX450 to an aftermarket keyless/alarm system. This is just a prototype, but if there is enough interest, I would be willing to make more and sell them.

These should work on all LX450's. Many FZJ80s also came with the RS3000 system, but the pin out locations for the connectors are DIFFERENT - EVEN THOUGH THE CONNECTORS ARE THE SAME!!! - CRAZY, I know. The same goes for some other models of Toyota. There are at least 3 versions (probably more) of the RS3000 box that look identical with different pin outs. I would be willing to make other versions of this kit for those if someone were to help me get the pin out and wire colors on their vehicle. The RS3000 systems were mostly port installed and aren't included in many factory wiring diagrams. PM if you are willing to do this and I will trade you a free prototype when it gets made.

Anyways, my keyless entry range was not great with some aftermarket replacement remotes I had purchased. I tried extending the antenna etc, but it just wasn't reliable. I didn't want to cut up the harness to install aftermarket keyless/alarm so I made a pnp adapter to adapt an aftermarket system. I used a Viper 3100vx. I liked that the remotes were very simple.

PXL_20220918_164435227.jpg

One of the male connectors needed to mate to the factory harness under the driver's seat is no longer in production so I had to get crafty and put male pins in the correct pattern with no housing. This isn't ideal, but works great. The other connector wasn't a problem.

PXL_20220918_164343089.jpg

The other side has a terminal block connector that the aftermarket alarm wires to. That terminal block connector then plugs into the board making it easy to wire on the bench.

PXL_20220918_164413984.jpg

Full unit ready to be plugged in under the driver's seat.

All original features work. It even has the option of using the factory dash LED and a button on the board that can replace the aftermarket valet button (not required, but optional).

Last edited:
I'm interested.

nice solution

my 1995 came w/ TVSS, which is poorly documented at the best. the RS3000 gets all the love!

I would try to make one for TVSS. I just don't have a vehicle with it.

How soon would you have one for sale? Reason i am asking is i might be doing the same thing this week or next. Looks like the same alarm box too....

How soon would you have one for sale? Reason i am asking is i might be doing the same thing this week or next. Looks like the same alarm box too....
I should have a finalized board in around a month or so

Definitely interested and this is awesome.

I’ve been hesitantly sitting on an extra T harness and viper system for too long. 96 lx450.

I would try to make one for TVSS. I just don't have a vehicle with it.
Probably not worth the effort/time, based on the lack of threads regarding TVSS.

I have the factory T-harness pulled and will use it as a template to craft a new T-harness to mate with a Viper keyless/remote start unit....once I figure out exactly which model and find the time. could be years at my pace 😃 . but it IS getting old unlocking the doors, just to open the hatch. or having to walk to the hatch to first open it, then walk back to the front to lock the truck, then back to the hatch to remove my stuff before closing it :(. i could use the key in the trunk cylinder but it doesn't trigger the doors for some Toyota reason?

So, I should have a small run available in under 2 weeks assuming everything works during testing (I am confident it will). PM me for pricing/ordering.

The prototype has been working great. Nice to have keyless that works from a normal distance reliably!

Can the systems be retrofitted to vehicles that never had one installed or is it best just to go get a Viper or another option at this point?

Can the systems be retrofitted to vehicles that never had one installed or is it best just to go get a Viper or another option at this point?
If your vehicle never had one installed, it would be better to just make your own harness/splice in for an aftermarket alarm. This board only makes it easy if you are replacing the RS3000 unit.

I’m interested but I have a lx450 so I can’t be of much help with a fzj80.

You can PM me, I still have some that we could build. This will only work for LX450. I don't know if I will ever make this into a full kit. It's easy to install and works great, but doesn't have a case so it just rides bare under the driver's seat which hasn't been a problem for me.

An aftermarket alarm is really nice to have. I like having a remote that works from a distance.

Finally installed mine. Awesome product that I highly recommend. Should have done something like this years ago but I didn’t trust anyone cutting into my factory harness and couldn’t find detailed step by step instructions to do it myself. This adapter made it nearly idiot proof.

I am interested. I have the rs3000 system in my 1997. Are you still looking for pin out info on those? Let me know what you need to see and I'll try to get that information. I am not in a hurry to change mine out but I want to add remote start and a reliable remote sometime in the near future.

You can PM me, I still have some that we could build. This will only work for LX450. I don't know if I will ever make this into a full kit. It's easy to install and works great, but doesn't have a case so it just rides bare under the driver's seat which hasn't been a problem for me.

An aftermarket alarm is really nice to have. I like having a remote that works from a distance.
HEY BRO!!! i just got a lead that you can help me with my alarm! PM sent

I bought this adapter at the end of Dec 22 and it worked perfect in my 96 LX450. I installed a basic keyless entry system made by Avital. Thanks for making this product available to us Bryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom