Aftermarket ignition coil different resistance than manual question about bogging down in acceleration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Scratching my head on this one. I'll try to make it as painless of a read as possible :)
My 89 FJ62 is bogging down when the accelerator is pressed. It is fine while idling but not so much while driving. I'm afraid to take it out of the driveway. Just replaced the entire distributor because it was throwing a code for that. The code is now gone and the only code I have is 28 (oxygen sensor) which has been the case since I got the truck 3 years ago. I've read here on Mudd that these trucks actually tend to work better with them disconnected. Anyway, I realized air cleaner hoses had cracks so I replaced hose #1 and #2. The ignition coil was replaced about a year ago. I bought a Beck Arnley and checked that. The primary resistance is reading 1.4 ohms and secondary resistance is reading 7.52 kOhms. The repair manual says it should be:
Primary coil resistance (cold): 0.52 — 0.64 Q
Secondary coil resistance (Cold): 11 .5 — 15.5 kQ

However, looking on Rock Auto and cross referencing the OEM PN#: 9091902113
a WVE coil pops up with
Resistance in Ohms:
Primary 200 Scale .7 - 1.4
Secondary 200 Scale 6.0k - 11.0k
Even thought the part number is correct the resistance is not.
Soooo is it possible that the aftermarket parts are not the correct resistance from the get go? I couldn't find the Beck Arnley specs anywhere so not sure what the one I have is supposed to measure, but it would make sense that it doesn't fit the resistance either. Would this make it bog down? It's been working with this coil for a year but maybe that is what made the distributor go. I have no idea honestly. I'm trying....really, really trying to stop throwing parts at it.
Before I changed the distributor my truck would barely move a few feet in reverse or drive. Now it will go, it just boggs down and feels like it wants to shut off. The Mass Air Flow was just replaced not to long ago and the TPS checks out fine, so I'm at a loss. Any advice/wisdom would be appreciated!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom