Aftermarket head unit issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've purchased an aftermarket atoto a6 Android head unit for my 2000 cruiser. It already had a cheap single din radio in it when I bought it. I have installed the atoto using the harness it came with and the adapter that was installed with the old headunit. It is currently attill using the OEM amp but I'm planning on bypassing it this weekend. It is noisy and the hu is apparently sending more than a line level aignal as it is very loud even at low levels.

The main issue I'm having now is that the head unit doesn't line up with the cutout. If I use the proper holes on the brackets it is about .250 too high. I was able to use a different set of holes to lower it a bit but it still doesn't hit perfectly. Is there a trick I'm missing or an alternative bracket I can use?

I also purchased the Atoto A6. I had to file down the bottom of the plastic stereo surround a little, mostly for the depth vs widening out the original hole.

Here is a comment and picture by 87warrior on how he installed this unit into his rig: Android Radio

Also, bypassing the amp is crazy easy and fixed all of the problems I was having. Good luck!

I also purchased the Atoto A6. I had to file down the bottom of the plastic stereo surround a little, mostly for the depth vs widening out the original hole.

Here is a comment and picture by 87warrior on how he installed this unit into his rig: Android Radio

Also, bypassing the amp is crazy easy and fixed all of the problems I was having. Good luck!

Good to hear. I ordered the metra amp bypass harness and duplex antenna harness. Is there another harness I need to connect the atoto harness to the factory plug in the dash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom