aftermarket guages (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's interesting... I never thought of it that way before. I'll have to get some parts so that I can put that together for me. I go up to Canada and Connecticut quite often, so mileage is an important consideration for me. I like that!

:beer:

i think i might look into getting one of these setup on as well. here's a retardd question: do any of you run the boost/pressure gauge or just the vacuum pressure gauge?

can someone post the pic from sor showingf the intake manifold, and point out which vac fitting is the best to hook up a guage to?
i cant cut and paste, i can hardly tie my our shoes........
hammer

Ok, so here' a new thought. Now I am thinking of moving the choke cable over to the spot on the left side of the column directly under the choke light, and putting the vacuum guage above the fuse panel where the choke cable was. Much better visibility there.

Thoughts?

loeky said:
i think i might look into getting one of these setup on as well. here's a retardd question: do any of you run the boost/pressure gauge or just the vacuum pressure gauge?
Boost is a waste of time without a turbo/supercharger..

Sounds like a good idea Mark. And I might copy you if it looks good. Since I am going Megasquirt I don't have a reason to have a choke knob..

Old thread resurrection, but what is wrong with using the boost gauges?

Without a turbo or supercharger, it is not really necessary..

what i meant to say, will it work as a vac gauge? it is all I can find at my local autoparts store...

If it has a vac portion, then yes..

ok thanks. I will look into that. did anyone ever get pics of where to connect the vacuum gauge to the intake manifold on a 60?

If it's desmogged, then you can do it just about anywhere there's an unused port.

and if its not desmogged?

and if its not desmogged?

I would pick a hose that's close to the manifold, put another t-fitting in it and hook the gauge up to the t-fitting. That's if it's a mechanical gauge.

alrighty. i will look into that when I go get the gauge.

Only downside that I see is that a dedicated vacuum gauge will have twice the needle swing area as does the best boost gauge for your needs. Resolution won't be all that great.
Have you looked at Summit?

You really need manifold vac.

"any" port on the carb will not give you the results you want..

You really need manifold vac.

"any" port on the carb will not give you the results you want..

When I was writing I was thinking manifold only. It never occurred to me to put a vacuum gauge on the carb, but some people...

ok thanks. I will look into that. did anyone ever get pics of where to connect the vacuum gauge to the intake manifold on a 60?

The last fitting on the back of the intake manifold, the vertical one with the round cooling fins, has a tube coming off the side of the main tube. I thought that would make a good place. As it turns out, I sold my 60 before I got around to installing the vacuum guage.

But I may be getting another one soon!;)

The last fitting on the back of the intake manifold, the vertical one with the round cooling fins, has a tube coming off the side of the main tube. I thought that would make a good place. As it turns out, I sold my 60 before I got around to installing the vacuum guage.

But I may be getting another one soon!;)

60's always call ya back ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom