Aftermarket Guages for FJ40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to the board and live in Roseville, Ca by Sacramento. I've found a new interest in getting my cruiser dialed in and set up to also daily commute to work. I need to put in some aftermarket gauges as my idiot needles don't work. I was thinking Automete Phantoms. What size adapters would I need to hook up a mechanical oil pressure and either a mechanical or electric water temperature gauge. Also if you have a different brand of gauge you use and like let me know. I'm not dead set on the autometers.

Not sure about the adapters since im running an SBC, BUT

I REALLY like my Stewart Warner gauges...they sell them at Summit. From what Ive read they seem to be a bit more high performance and longer lasting than Autometer...but thats just what Ive heard....so far im very satisfied with them.

Stewart Warner, and VDO (liquid filled) are my favorites.. something you might want to think about, mechanical oil pressure gauges have one failing that I learned about years ago, I had a limb that was laying on the ground come up into my engine compartment and it severed my feed line to my oil pressure gauge.. needless to say by the time I knew what was happening, I didnt have enough oil left in the motor.. during my LONG LONG LONG walk though the southern Utah desert, I swore I would never use a mechanical oil pressure gauge again.. I have never looked back, I always use electrical gauges now, and have NEVER had a problem with them, I would strongly recommend you use electrical gauges for off road.

AND, I have not had to take a 4 hour walk to get to a phone...

Here ya go Pictures of Autometer Phantoms in the dash
I used all electrical sensors for the ease of the install and because the wiring kit already included all the sensor wiring

That last (oil pressure) gauge on the right is really my air tank pressure
2 (3).jpg

Man,That looks great! Is the speedo also electrical,and how ez is it to bolt onto the tranny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom